HQL Follies... good chuckle for a Saturday evening.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    So I begrudgingly applied for my HQL in the event that if (when?) I want to purchase a new handgun, I'll have it at the ready. I got fingerprinted, applied online with MSP, got my active status on 11/11 and began the wait for the card.

Fast forward to today. I get a call from a fellow in Columbia who received an envelope from MSP addressed to him. Inside the envelope is a letter addressed to me and an enclosed HQL card belonging to a third person who is apparently from Towson! :sad20: The guy from Columbia's last name is close to mine but the name on the HQL card he received is not close at all except for the first letter. I'm guessing whoever was charged at MSP with matching up letters, HQL cards and mailing envelopes is a USPS reject! :lol2: I received nothing in the mail from MSP today.

How funny (and sad at the same time!) is this?! Luckily, I'm not in the process of purchasing anything but the fellow in Columbia is. We don't know the status of the guy from Towson because we haven't been able to contact him.

Your Maryland state taxes hard at work for you, providing quality services at all levels! :rolleyes:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The kind of money they're scamming us out of for these things, they ought to be hand-delivered by Brian Frosh in a latex bikini. . . .

Actually, I'd pay extra for that.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    OP, has either one of you contacted the MSP licensing division yet to alert them to this. This is a severe breech of privacy and another lack luster example of our states efficiency. :sad20:

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    OP, has either one of you contacted the MSP licensing division yet to alert them to this. This is a severe breech of privacy and another lack luster example of our states efficiency. :sad20:

It would be very interesting to hear what MSP had to say. A lot of "uhhhhh" and "I don't know's."

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Sounds like the same people running Obamacare are handling our HQL's.

The guy in Towson probably just got a bill for his new Obamacare plan.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV

The guy in Columbia got his letter yesterday (Saturday). I have not received anything yet. And as I stated, we don't know what the guy in Towson has gotten, if anything. I'll probably wait until Tuesday to call MSP, hoping that something arrives addressed to me in the mail tomorrow so I'll have more information in hand when I talk to MSP.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    It would be very interesting to hear what MSP had to say. A lot of "uhhhhh" and "I don't know's."

They know exactly what they are doing. Just like the backlog they couldn't explain for the last year or so even though they had all these 'upgrades' and increases in staffing.

Sure they will blame this on some sort of automated mailing problem, batch sorting, mail assembly line glitch, etc..

Just to clarify: they want to infringe on people's rights any way they think they can get away with.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They know exactly what they are doing. Just like the backlog they couldn't explain for the last year or so even though they had all these 'upgrades' and increases in staffing.

Sure they will blame this on some sort of automated mailing problem, batch sorting, mail assembly line glitch, etc..

Just to clarify: they want to infringe on people's rights any way they think they can get away with.

I don't think they want this kind of publicity out there. They are going through certain steps to ensure that guns don't get into the wrong people. Misguided though it is, they don't want people hearing that the HQL's are going to the wrong people.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I don't think they want this kind of publicity out there. They are going through certain steps to ensure that guns don't get into the wrong people. Misguided though it is, they don't want people hearing that the HQL's are going to the wrong people.

You put to much faith in an administration that has done everything they thought they could get away to delay or prevent firearms transactions. Couple this with a crooked legislature that won't sanction them for any infringements on firearms owners and they basically have a blank check to do with what they want.

How many times have we heard the run around for why they weren't keeping up with the 77r pre 10/1?

YMMV

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    So what we see here is the potential for a new HQL card to be sent to someone who should never receive one, and in someone else's name, and with all the information needed for a disqualified person to go buy a regulated firearm. The State is now assisting criminals in their efforts the buy firearms.

Does that about cover it?

Way to go OweTards... :sad20:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

This is not one of those ways.

We need to think clearly... this helps us not them..

Can't wait till an hql goes out with the wrong photo.,;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom