HQL Follies... good chuckle for a Saturday evening.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And to think this level of incompetence only costs 20 bucks to make but you get charged 30 more bucks for it.

Such a deal.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is not one of those ways.

We need to think clearly... this helps us not them..

Can't wait till an hql goes out with the wrong photo.,;)

I must be missing something but anything that adds time or cost to the 20 minute background check that is successful in the majority of the states is clearly an additional infringement on 2A rights.

I really fail to see how the HQL helps us whether done properly or a cluster mess like the OP's story.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I also don't believe MSP is trying to infringe on anyone. Stupid mistake, Yes. Infringement, not likely. This is not good PR for MSP.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I must be missing something but anything that adds time or cost to the 20 minute background check that is successful in the majority of the states is clearly an additional infringement on 2A rights.

I really fail to see how the HQL helps us whether done properly or a cluster mess like the OP's story.

I mean the blank up helps us.. doing it right is still an infringement-- but case against it is weaker if they can show that it achieves some purpose -- hard to do if it done wrong.

The case against injunction in particular is hard to make when the benefits the program are non existent due to poor administration.

Deliberately messing up puts the whole thing at risk -- it makes no sense to do so deliberately.

The best thing that can happen to us is the wrong photo on an HQL going to wrong address. At this point the HQL can be used to bypass criminal background checks.. One wonders how hard it would be to get an HQL is someone else name and intercept it in the mail --- :innocent0

Do you understand how bad that can be... :innocent0

I would bet that the system is not secure enough to prevent it..

THIS IS BAD.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I mean the blank up helps us.. doing it right is still an infringement-- but case against it is weaker if they can show that it achieves some purpose -- hard to do if it done wrong.

The case against injunction in particular is hard to make when the benefits the program are non existent due to poor administration.

Deliberately messing up puts the whole thing at risk -- it makes no sense to do so deliberately.

The best thing that can happen to us is the wrong photo on an HQL going to wrong address. At this point the HQL can be used to bypass criminal background checks.. One wonders how hard it would be to get an HQL is someone else name and intercept it in the mail --- :innocent0

THIS IS BAD.

I didn't think that this was the case? I could be wrong, though.

terp

Jul 12, 2007
    I wonder if something similar has happened to mine. It's been a month since mine went active, but I still don't have the card.

I've been told that MSP is insisting that dealers actually see the physical card. Just getting the number off of the website is not enough so I'm a bit anxious for the MSP to get their act together.

I've already passed the 30-day statutory limit. I've got an email into the MSP, but no response yet.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Do you need any other ID to purchase a handgun besides the HQL?

What I'm asking is: Does the HQL take the place your DL used to occupy when completing the 77r and 4473?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

THIS IS BAD.

You mean like the mayor in a Maryland town, where the SWAT team showed up at his door, shot his dogs, and all for the drugs that were mailed to his residence that he was completely clueless about?

:sad20: This threat, just ensures I will not be applying for anything unconstitutional. OpSec is more important than a number to "overwhelm" them. Sorry.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You put to much faith in an administration that has done everything they thought they could get away to delay or prevent firearms transactions. Couple this with a crooked legislature that won't sanction them for any infringements on firearms owners and they basically have a blank check to do with what they want.

How many times have we heard the run around for why they weren't keeping up with the 77r pre 10/1?

YMMV

Done correctly, the HQL is an infringement. Sending them out to the wrong people raises the possibility that they can be used for less-than-legal purposes. They make a big deal out of us needing one of these ID cards, then they just send them out to anyone. It most certainly can be spun to be very bad for them, not us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom