• ...and so much more!
  • plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    They have it all! Cover six tactical New section

Many powders in 8 or 4 lb
    Including Varget

Are you talking Clayton, NC? I just googled them and the good news is they are a small detour on my way home Monday. :lol:
    Bad news is it looks like they might hit my wallet hard.

:D

Yes that's them
    Mention we spread he word on MDS

Stopped by the address on their website yesterday and found out it's their house.
    Called the number on the website and found out they don't have a storefront, they do Internet sales and shows.
    If you are going to be in the area call ahead and they will meet you to complete the transaction. The lady I spoke to said you can pay by CC ahead of time or cash when you pickup.
    I mentioned they were getting mentioned on MDS and she said she heard that at Chantilly. I also suggested she would get more mention and business if they were an IP.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Stopped by the address on their website yesterday and found out it's their house.
    Called the number on the website and found out they don't have a storefront, they do Internet sales and shows.
    If you are going to be in the area call ahead and they will meet you to complete the transaction. The lady I spoke to said you can pay by CC ahead of time or cash when you pickup.
    I mentioned they were getting mentioned on MDS and she said she heard that at Chantilly. I also suggested she would get more mention and business if they were an IP.

I met them in '14 Dixie Gun and Knife Classic, Raleigh. There are more than 5 reloading retailers that show up, C6T comes the farthest North, so I favor them. Reloading Unlimited, Blue Collar Reloading (cheapest brass), Tall plywood stand guy$$$$, another shop out of Kentucky who knew quite a bit about 300 and MG's, and one other guy from southern NC, also another single table ton of powder guy who told me 296/H110 was way too much pressure for 300. Ask about the story of powder theft from RU.
    I wanted to get a Zev trigger from him but he rung me up too fast, and yes I got some Universal too.

Rhome3

Jan 3, 2016
    Where do you guys go for powder here in Maryland ? I'm not an expert on prices but I looked around yesterday at what local shops had powder listed for and it was pretty marked up. It may be worth me raiding a few stores the next time I'm in NC for a week.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Where do you guys go for powder here in Maryland ? I'm not an expert on prices but I looked around yesterday at what local shops had powder listed for and it was pretty marked up. It may be worth me raiding a few stores the next time I'm in NC for a week.

Springhill Outfitters exit 101 off I-95 in North Carolina

http://www.springhilloutfitters.com/
    Decent selection of powder, not great price.
    Had lots of Federal large pistol primers, just a few of everything else.
    Nice people. Lots of standard capacity S&W and Ruger mags, Kimber and Baretta magazines, no AR mags my 2 trips there in the last month.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

I go up to Shyda's in Lebanon PA a couple of times a year. We swing by Richland's in Richland PA too. I split the gas with a buddy or two. You have to buy in bulk to make it worthwhile. We go to lunch. I enjoy it. When I'm stocking up I buy 5000 shotgun primers, 5000+ wads and 10 bags of shot. Shyda's gives you a break for buying 10 bags. Shot locally is $45.00. Shot in PA is $32.00-$37.00. I even pickup stuff for friends that can't go.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Cabelas Delaware today

image.jpg

Jmurman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2007
    Perry Hall
    Is it worth the time to head to cabelas de for powder and primers? I'm looking to fill up with HP38/231 and large pistol primers.

Made the mistake of going to BPS on Valentine's Day, never seen so many cars trying to park in my life

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Is it worth the time to head to cabelas de for powder and primers? I'm looking to fill up with HP38/231 and large pistol primers.

Made the mistake of going to BPS on Valentine's Day, never seen so many cars trying to park in my life

That really depends upon what you mean by "fill up".

Would Cabelas be a less expensive option to Bass Pro? Yep. Think of Bass Pro as the reloader's 7-Eleven. They might have what you want, but you're going to pay for it. But then there's gas and time involved with places that are out of the local area. And small out of state shops are oftentimes a better bet for a "road trip" than a Cabelas would be. Trops and Shydas in PA would be 2 of the larger examples that come to mind. There are many others.

Now IF by "fill up" you're talking say, 5 pounds of powder and 5000 primers on the same order, you'll likely do better online, even with the hazmat fee and shipping charges figured in. Better still if you can "buddy up" with another handloader come ordering time. Wideners, Powder Valley, 3rd Generation, Recobs, Midsouth amongst others can all be options. There are certainly others as well. But it's a volume game given the hazmat and shipping fees, before you reach the point where online pricing tips in your favor.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    Wow looks like getting reloading supplies in Maryland is a PITA.

I have one large container of IMR 3031 and 3 boxes of Wolf small rifle primers that I would be willing to sell. I bought them both from Bruno's Shooters Supply a couple of years ago. Never got into reloading so they have just been sitting in my basement. If you want to pay $20 per pound on the powder and $24 per thousand on the primers drop me a PM. For someone who is in Northern Montgomery County or Southern Frederick county this sure seems better than driving to Delaware. Would need to be willing to meet in the Olney Rockville area. Please PM me if interested.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads