• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yep and what happens if you want to go somewhere with it that you didn't plan a year in advance and you leave in a week?I don't have to notify anyone about my suppressor or my ar pistol.

Covered in my post:

Or put a 16+" upper on it, and take it anywhere you want without any issues.

And if you built it as a pistol FIRST, you could also return it to being a pistol and take it without notification.

Several options.

And you don't need to plan a year in advance, a couple of weeks should get your form back. The 1 year is the maximum time the form is good for. So I file one for the range I use in PA, and I am good for a year.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Covered in my post:

And if you built it as a pistol FIRST, you could also return it to being a pistol and take it without notification.

Several options.

And you don't need to plan a year in advance, a couple of weeks should get your form back. The 1 year is the maximum time the form is good for. So I file one for the range I use in PA, and I am good for a year.

So now you need to have 2 300blk uppers, one sbr and one rifle? There are pluses and minuses to each, I will stick to "pistol".

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So now you need to have 2 300blk uppers, one sbr and one rifle? There are pluses and minuses to each, I will stick to "pistol".

Not NEED, just one way to deal with the issue of interstate transport.

Another way is, if you have more than one AR, some which are not SBR, then swap the 16+" upper off a non-SBR AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom