• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I put nothing. I did the online renewal for 15.75. Took 10 minutes. had my new permit in 7 days.

If you are ever asked if you've been denied, saying no would not be inaccurate or untruthful IMO.

IANAL.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I would expect anything less from the Capt.

:lol2:

I'm serious. He emailed a withdrawal , never got any response. If he is applying for a different state, he's never been disproved, denied or nuttin by the People's Republic.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    I'm serious. He emailed a withdrawal , never got any response. If he is applying for a different state, he's never been disproved, denied or nuttin by the People's Republic.

I looked at my history. The last thing I got a letter saying that unless I provide G&S in 30 days I would be denied. That's when I sent in the withdrawl of my application (May 2013). Never got anything to indicate denied, so it sounds like it was filed in the waste basket instead.

FWIW, I specifically asked "Because of that, I am requesting that my application be withdrawn or canceled if possible instead of being denied. I understand that the application fees will not be returned."

Not sure if I should call and check or not. I guess I have another year or so before I have to worry about it.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    did they ask the reason for the denial?

They asked (on the application) the agency and date of any denials. I wrote in the "lack of justifiable need" just so it wouldn't slow down my app because they wanted to call and clarify. I got the permit quick, so obviously it didn't cause an issue for them, although it was sort of a renewal(my old one actually expired). The new card used the same number as the old one though.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Have you noticed when the papers come back for a handgun purchase it is stamped "Not Disapproved". Don't mess with a good attorney, English is their tool. What some find arbitrary in language, perhaps should just be accepted as a lesson. You give two fine definitions, nothing arbitrary there.

Yes. Attorneys (and apparently the MSP statisticians) are wordsmiths by trade. I wasn't suggesting the choice of language is arbitrary, that's clearly not the case. Just that the MSP's determination of who is worthy is arbitrary once not disqualified/denied. You would think there would be "approved" and rejected." KISS. Yet the MSP has approved, not disapproved, and disqualified/prohibited and therefore denied. In a stupid way it actually makes sense if you have to defend denying the exercise of a fundamental right. I mean really, the MSP doesn't want to piss off all those folks that are qualified that they don't issue permits to. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the more "not disapproved" applications that are in system without a permit being issued the more moronic it gets.

Q: Bill, just how many "not disapproved" applications are actually in the file? A: Thousands Larry Q: Well Bill, how many those were issued permits? A: None Larry. Q: Doh! :facepalm: Now I get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom