• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I was working on my calendar for early 2016 and realized I hadn't seen anything about 2A Tuesday in Annapolis. Did I miss it? I did a search and didn't come up with anything and nothing is showing on the MDS calendar either. Anyone know? Thanks.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It's being run from the MSI forum, as it's their baby.

Feb 2

Am I missing something here? I have supported MSI and will continue to do so but for those MDS members who are not MSI members and who might be inclined to participate in the 2A Tuesday event, wouldn't it be helpful to promote it on this website as well? We need all the help we can get from wherever we can get it.

By the way, I will be in Annapolis on 2/2.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Am I missing something here? I have supported MSI and will continue to do so but for those MDS members who are not MSI members and who might be inclined to participate in the 2A Tuesday event, wouldn't it be helpful to promote it on this website as well? We need all the help we can get from wherever we can get it.

By the way, I will be in Annapolis on 2/2.

It has been mentioned, and I'm sure links will be posted and information passed along... I'm just not involved in this year's planning.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It has been up on our website and FB page, I thought it was also up here.

Thanks for the catch.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I've notice it hasn't been mentioned on here yet so this thread looks as good as any to start discussing.

What bills should we bring up to our legislators this year?

All of our SOMD legislators brought up or supported FSA 2013 repeal or similar bills last year which as you know went nowhere.

What new ideas can we suggest this year?

I've seen 1 so far to modify the HQL 1 shot and some other related BS.

I've been thinking about modifying the HQL also. What if you had your HQL you don't have to fill out a 77R every time you purchase a new handgun? They'd still be doing a 4473 with a NICS check. The change would have to reflect the MSP not having to do their 23 or whatever number of checks they supposedly do every time.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've long supported that, since we have HQL on the books, one 77R-type check per year (based on your HQL date, so as not to overwhelm the system) should be sufficient, regardless of the number of purchases... but subject to the 30-day rule for non-DC letter holders.

Everyone else would be able to purchase per the pre-FSA rules, with the full 77R cavity search, etc.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If you have an HQL you should be able to walk out with a handgun. No waiting period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've notice it hasn't been mentioned on here yet so this thread looks as good as any to start discussing.

What bills should we bring up to our legislators this year?

All of our SOMD legislators brought up or supported FSA 2013 repeal or similar bills last year which as you know went nowhere.

What new ideas can we suggest this year?

I've seen 1 so far to modify the HQL 1 shot and some other related BS.

I've been thinking about modifying the HQL also. What if you had your HQL you don't have to fill out a 77R every time you purchase a new handgun? They'd still be doing a 4473 with a NICS check. The change would have to reflect the MSP not having to do their 23 or whatever number of checks they supposedly do every time.

If you have an HQL you should be able to walk out with a handgun. No waiting period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are discussing it now.

We do need people who can help write bills. If you do, contact MSI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom