• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For those that are coming, a few updates:

Schedule:

0900 - 1000 Citizen Lobbyist training - How to become a citizen lobbyist. Room 145, House Office Building
    0900 - 1000 Meet the organizations - Room 142 House Office Building
    1000 - 1200 2A Tuesday Rally - Lawyers Mall
    1200 - 1300 - Meet with your elected officials (Do NOT go to lunch)
    1300 - 1400 - Meet the Organizations - Room 142 House Office Building
    1400 - 1600 - Ask the Organizations anything - Room 145 House Office Building.

The above may change a bit, but not much if at all.

Meeting you elected officials - Make an appointment, and then bring a bunch of friends. That way you are guaranteed to see them instead of his assistant. Also, if you stop by your elected official's office and they are not there, have some way to provide them your information quickly, like a personal business card or even a part of a file card with a return address label on it with your name, address and your district.

Foul weather - If Anne Arundel County schools are closed, the events are cancelled, in Anne Arundel County schools are delayed, or any other school districts are closed, we will still ahem the event. We would encourage folks to be concerned for their own safety first, if the weather is such that you can't make it, or don't feel comfortable trying, then DON'T. Let me repeat that, DO NOT put your safety above this event.

We are working to get the website updated, if anyone would like to help with content please send me a PM.

Great, thanks for the update. :)

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I would rather see the experienced among us show up at the House building in time to help out anyone new, that wants some direction, and help answer questions...

More than happy to help out any fellow District 42 folks (North Central Baltimore County for those confused by gerrymandering) and anyone else who needs a hand.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    More than happy to help out any fellow District 42 folks (North Central Baltimore County for those confused by gerrymandering) and anyone else who needs a hand.

That's me. And help would be greatly appreciated. Gerrymandering? What gerrymandering? Elija Cummings, are you kidding me?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I guess that means that I'm missing something. Thanks for being informative and not condescending at all.

Sorry, my answer was a little short. You're not missing anything, it takes a while for all of the bills to be submitted. Even after 2A Tuesday there will still be more bills dropped.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The red stretch of King George Street between the two arrows has 9 hour parking, It does fill up fairly early.

Lawyers Mall is the small red arrow in the bottom middle.

View attachment 168276
    Just spoke with a nice lady in the City of Annapolis office and she says the 9 hour meter spots are still on both sides of King George Street as you get closer to Rt. 450. :thumbsup:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just spoke with a nice lady in the City of Annapolis office and she says the 9 hour meter spots are still on both sides of King George Street as you get closer to Rt. 450. :thumbsup:

You beat me to it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    excise tax statewide on firearms and ammo to pay for body cameras in Baltimore City

So more legislation to drive buying firearms, and now ammo too out of state.
    All this does is hurt retailers here for the most part.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So more legislation to drive buying firearms, and now ammo too out of state.
    All this does is hurt retailers here for the most part.

Yep.

I think some will see this as a win-win. Sadly.

Criminals and gangbangers don't shoot hundreds of rounds participating in sporting evens and training. This is a deliberate "Infringement" designing to only make it more difficult and expensive on law-abiding citizens. We need a strategy to vote these clowns out.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yep.

I think some will see this as a win-win. Sadly.

Criminals and gangbangers don't shoot hundreds of rounds participating in sporting evens and training. This is a deliberate "Infringement" designing to only make it more difficult and expensive on law-abiding citizens. We need a strategy to vote these clowns out.

Your argument is very sound. Can you imagine what the ratio would be for rounds purchased for crime to total rounds sold? It wouldn't even register. They are arbitrarily taxing firearms earmarked (ya sure) for body cams? Alcohol consumption is probably the number one contributor to police use. Not that it should be targeted either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom