• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Leave that rotten church as fast as possible.

It's interesting that a thread of mine about visiting the Mormon temple (Mormons are hardcore 2A supporters) in Philly was locked thanks to the Mormon "hate" displayed by MDS, yet you guys are going to and financially supporting churches that are openly opposed to 2A. Think!

:thumbsup:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    folks don't get it or just don't want to get it. it ain't guns. it's ALL violence, hopelessness, drugs, poverty, light or no sentences, early parole, gangs, deterioration of the family and values, "households" with no meaningful father figure, etc, etc, etc.

if they really want to save innocent lives, work on drunk and distracted driving.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks for the good suggestions guys! I'm not ready to give up being a Methodist yet, I want to at least give them my opinions.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Here is my opinion. The Church should stick to preaching the Gospel, and keep their noses out of politics. If they wish to be advocating a political doctrine, they should give up that tax exempt status....They are a church in name only.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    John Lott's latest book lays out the rebuttals to all the latest anti-gun propaganda. It's a one stop rebuttal factory with the facts, figures and reasoning to back it up.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    You really might want to reconsider:

Straight from the Methodist Church's Book of Resolutions: Gun Violence (i.e. Church Doctrine)

http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/gun-violence

Read # 4,5,6, & 11:

4. The church should advocate for gun control
    5. Advocates Registration, Licensing, and Waiting Periods.
    6. Advocates outright bans.
    11. Makes all Methodist properties "Gun Free Zones"

Makes it real hard to conduct a Boy Scout Rifle or Shotgun Merit Badge class when your Troop meets at a Methodist Church, as I found out.

Mack, former Methodist.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If you are going to stick with a church that doesn't support your Constitutional, and God given rights, at least privately ask some of your fellow members how they really feel about self defense. Look them in the eye and ask them if they thought it were ever possible that they might need a gun to protect themselves and their family. If that individual gives you a response other than what you know is right, and if you can't convince them to save themselves, you might want to join another church that believes in self-defense. I know a lot of religious folk that are armed to the teeth!

Last edited:

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Here is my opinion. The Church should stick to preaching the Gospel, and keep their noses out of politics. If they wish to be advocating a political doctrine, they should give up that tax exempt status....They are a church in name only.

This position is simply unconstitutional - Congess shall make no law and all.

The tax exempt status argument is just big gov intimidating people.

I am not political at all and agree the church should stick to the Gospel but free exercise means just that.

E4- you may want to consider the biblical doctrine involved in submission to leadership - if you think they have not considered the doctrine than have at educating them but if you do think they have and just disagree with you then since it is not a core doctrinal issue what is the goal?

Just wondering as I see your task as extremely uphill?

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I believe the UMC is part of Bloomberg's organization for gun control. If I can find the link, I'll post it later.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    God made the animals, and God made the trees
    God made you hell, he even made me
    He gave me this voice, so I could be a singer
    So you tell me why I got a trigger finger

-Steve Lee

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Well this disappointing.

We had been splitting services between our old Church of God and a little UMC.
    The UMC had better fellowship and a nice program for yourh.
    The COG has gotten to loud and riddled with LAM's feeling called/led to manifest every conceivable "gift" imaginable. Just obnoxious and not scriptural in some regards.

No idea where to look now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom