• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Is the Md hunters course sufficient training for the Fl non res permit?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks. I was leary of it cuz the instructions call for the instructors credentials, etc., which aren't on my hunters card. It just has the instructors name.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It does have to be issued by the State of MD.

Read FL statute 790.06

Notice item 1 Hunter Safety is exempt from the live fire requirement because it's not specified.

Attachments

• fl1.jpg
      fl1.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 713
    • fl2.jpg
      fl2.jpg
      96.4 KB · Views: 698

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Florida on their website says they will mail you when time for a renewal . My permit expires in Sept. this year . Have others received letters for renewal ???

dweaver

Jun 8, 2013
    Washington Co. MD
    Florida on their website says they will mail you when time for a renewal . My permit expires in Sept. this year . Have others received letters for renewal ???

I received a packet in the mail from them last time mine was up for renewal (although a couple years ago). Hard to say now though with many state offices in backlog of work from closings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I received my renewal packet several weeks ago - it sits unfinished since there is not a single LEA in the state that is performing fingerprints for the public at this time. So, there is a good chance that it will not get processed in time for renewal. Gotta love this fracking state - denying the ability for citizens to participate in lawful activities in other states by proxy (yes, I am aware I could try to find agencies in other states, but I cannot travel outside of the state per my employer under current pandemic rules).

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    I received my renewal packet several weeks ago - it sits unfinished since there is not a single LEA in the state that is performing fingerprints for the public at this time. So, there is a good chance that it will not get processed in time for renewal. Gotta love this fracking state - denying the ability for citizens to participate in lawful activities in other states by proxy (yes, I am aware I could try to find agencies in other states, but I cannot travel outside of the state per my employer under current pandemic rules).

Call FL an see if they will accept a State certified agency. Can't hurt to call.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Try the CCBC police. They did mine a couple of times.

Now would be a good time to have them done at that department with no kids around. I was going to use them back in January and the nearest parking space was a mile away and it was raining pretty heavy and cold. Went to the Laurel PD, plenty of parking, in and out quickly for $20.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I used a local fingerprint service in eldersburgh for my renewal. it was called essential support services. Florida accepted it with no problems.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Checked my renewal status online and received an ominous note that my application is on hold until I meet some deficiency requirement. They allegedly sent a letter on 7/28, with detailed instructions. Their phone system will not transfer you to a live person, and their chat just keeps you on hold for hours with no responses other than "please continue to wait for the next available agent" (paraphrase). Logged into their chat three times, at various points over the past two days, and I am always "22 users ahead of you", every single time.

We shall see when the letter gets here, but I am already in the "shenanigans" mode. They claim that a deficiency allows them to stop the mandated "90-day" processing window, since they consider my application "incomplete".

Thankfully, GRPC got moved virtual, since my permit expires in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom