• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The NRA's policy is to support the incumbent, even if their opposition is better regarding the 2A. Sad but true. They probably don't look at the whole picture regarding the way an incumbent conducts themselves during the whole of the session either and that is why politicians like Krebs can get away without standing up for the 2A 100% of the time. Anyone who will vote anti in the preliminary is not worthy of holding office, even if they vote otherwise in the final vote. This is the tactic that Krebs and her ilk are using. I called her out on it and her response was worthy of a spoiled child, not someone I want representing me! I saved those e-mails for future use.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know. Incumbents have a greater chance of being re-elected than a challenger does, this is true in primaries and general elections. The NRA is playing a numbers game with respect to supporting candidates for office.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Part of the scoring is the evaluation of whether the candidate can even get elected - especially in a state that frequently squashes all non-liberal hopes at every turn. Same old question: elect an imperfect (from our perspective) candidate who deals with many issues beyond just the 2A purity test, or give up and end up with a completely toxic liberal who will be even worse on 2A stuff, and far, FAR worse on countless other issues? The NRA scoring is pragmatic, not just aspirational.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Are you crazy? Ellin is a lefty who switched to Republican because he knew he couldn't win as a Democrat. Besides, all we need is another Democrat lawyer in Annapolis.....

I’d much rather give another person a chance instead of the known lefties we already have. Shoemaker was a big eminent domain guy when he was mayor of Hamstead and also switched to Republican from Democrat and a lawyer. I don’t think Rose has an orginal thought and is a follower. Krebs is another big lefty who gets tons of pact money from unions and is arrogant as hell. I’ve never been a big fan of slates and that’s what they have with Hogan.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I’d much rather give another person a chance instead of the known lefties we already have. Shoemaker was a big eminent domain guy when he was mayor of Hamstead and also switched to Republican from Democrat and a lawyer. I don’t think Rose has an orginal thought and is a follower. Krebs is another big lefty who gets tons of pact money from unions and is arrogant as hell. I’ve never been a big fan of slates and that’s what they have with Hogan.

As hard as it may be to do, you MUST vote for all the incumbents up there. You DO NOT want ANY chance of the lone Dem making ANY gains! She is hostile to us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom