• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I sent another email today to all the VA delegates explaining why hb961 (awb, suppressor, hicap mag ban) needed to go away.

The author of the bill, Mark Levine, just emailed me back saying the ban on suppressors has been removed!! I haven't seen the revised bill.

I of course replied telling him to get rid of all the other crap in his antigun bills...

I think calls and emails are working, at least a little. I have sent a ton of emails and try to explain why the various bills and line items are bad ideas. The suppressor ban is apparently gone, and the magazine flange crap is gone too. Not saying either or both are due to me, but I think explaining why does help, vs just telling them to vote NO. Here's the list, copy it into your email program and tell them to vote NO and why!!

DelPHope@house.virginia.gov; DelJBourne@house.virginia.gov; DelKPlum@house.virginia.gov; DelKKory@house.virginia.gov; DelALopez@house.virginia.gov; DelSRasoul@house.virginia.gov; DelMPrice@house.virginia.gov; DelMLevine@house.virginia.gov; DelJCarrollFoy@house.virginia.gov; DelJCole@house.virginia.gov; DelSSimonds@house.virginia.gov; DelCJenkins@house.virginia.gov; DelTWright@house.virginia.gov; DelRRobinson@house.virginia.gov; DelTWilt@house.virginia.gov; DelMFariss@house.virginia.gov; DelNRush@house.virginia.gov; DelGDavis@house.virginia.gov; DelRCampbell@house.virginia.gov; DelCCoyner@house.virginia.gov; DelABatten@house.virginia.gov; deldadams@house.virginia.gov; DelHAyala@house.virginia.gov; DelLBagby@house.virginia.gov; DelDBulova@house.virginia.gov; DelNGuy@house.virginia.gov; DelRTyler@house.virginia.gov; DelCHayes@house.virginia.gov; DelLCarter@house.virginia.gov; DelKDelaney@house.virginia.gov; DelWGooditis@house.virginia.gov; DelSHeretick@house.virginia.gov; DelSHudson@house.virginia.gov; DelJJones@house.virginia.gov

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Can you post the reply to your email? Hansohn Bros is trying to figure out if they are going to stay in business or not.

ETA thank you for what you are doing. I'm trying to email as many of them as I can, but I don't have time for calls. And I don't like to send form emails if I can. Pretty sure those get ignored.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I have been calling and emailing. I’ll be in Richmond tomorrow for HB961’s third reading. House meeting starts at 11:00am and I’m told there is not a scheduled time for the bills, anytime 11:00-16:00. I have already emailed the full senate if this abomination shows up to vote no. There is a chance the senate will stop it. But don’t give up the calls and email. fred55

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I'll take a hard pass...Removing one of the infringements is their way of extending an olive branch...Screw that...
    100% agree. Still going to lobby my people to vote against it. Been trying to be nice. If this garbage makes it to the senate I'm going to straight up tell my state senator if she votes for it I'm going to do everything I can to get her primaried.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Can you post the reply to your email?
    And I don't like to send form emails if I can. Pretty sure those get ignored.

he just said the suppressor ban has been removed.

i do all the form emails from vcdl, nra, goa, etc, but i ALSO send personalized emails. i let them know i do a bunch of shooting competitions, lots of wives, sons and daughters attend, and the bills would kill all of these. also mention that rkba is so precious that both us and va have it in their constitutions. also mention we're the most vetted group around, with background checks on most purchases, carry permits, etc.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I'll take a hard pass...Removing one of the infringements is their way of extending an olive branch...Screw that...

i'm definitely not suggesting we stand down, but it is nice to have one line item removed and i think it shows they're listening, at least a little.

when i emailed all the delegates, i included a link for the youtube where levine was trying to explain assault weapons, and doing a horrible job.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    The ban has NOT been removed. The only thing that changed is that as long as you own one before the ban, you are grandfathered in. You get to keep your suppressor. This whole bill is pure infringement.
    I have been blowing up their phones and their inboxes. I’m not giving up and I’m also not turning in or disposing of a G@d damned thing.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The ban has NOT been removed. The only thing that changed is that as long as you own one before the ban, you are grandfathered in. You get to keep your suppressor.

he said 'removed.' i'll check in the morning, and if it's simply grandfathered he will def hear from me.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I have not heard a peep from Levine. I’m probably on his block list by now :mad54: fred55

i've emailed all the delegates and senators many, many times over this crap. levine is only the 2nd person to get back to me. obviously most of them (including levine) are not in my district, so surely they feel zero obligation to get back to me.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    well, i'm not seeing any amendments re suppressors, but it does seem they may be lightening the 'hicap' magazine section, go down to the bottom:

AMENDMENT(S) PROPOSED BY THE HOUSE

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+cab+HC10210HB0961+RCHB2

I'm not sure if those are being proposed or were already proposed and rejected? Regardless, nothing notable there. So you can possess but not transport? That doesn't really work. I guess lowering it from a Class 6 felony to a misdemeanor is something. Not much, but something...:rolleyes:

I'll be calling my senator (Deeds) tomorrow. Apparently he's on the fence.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    all i'm saying is it seems they are making a few changes based on our feedback. help them make changes by not just saying 'no' but by showing them where their line items are wrong or stupid. and they don't gaf about 2a so that's not enough to tell them (but i still do). cite crime stats (bmore & chicago with worst rules and worst crime), cite spouses, sons and daughters that would be affected by gun bans or restrictions, etc, cite competitions that would be shut down, etc.

i cite the magazine flange as an example. those ignorants had no idea how pervasive that prohibition would be. i'm sure others did also, but i pointed out that pretty much every magazine, including lo-cap, rimfire, bolt guns, etc have them so they'd be banning EVERY magazine. that section got dropped.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I have been highlighting their districts residing in a 2A Sanctuary County; they are making felons of their constituents; and their voters will remember and be reminded; and the lunacy of their bills. I am not giving them ideas on how to make a POS bill better or acceptable. ...shall not be infringed... Murder is illegal, there are already laws to cover abuse of firearms, which is what criminals are doing. fred55

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    all i'm saying is if you're going to take the time to contact the house or senate, just telling them 'no' ain't doing much. most folks are at least a little receptive to ideas if you explain why they should be changed, or why they should go away.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    In VA Capitol house keeping first. During recess I was interviewed by channel 6 and 8 news. They saw the WWNC shirt and headed straight to me. fred55

Attachments

• 7E6D15C5-86D9-438C-9C06-024B40FA16DD.jpg
      7E6D15C5-86D9-438C-9C06-024B40FA16DD.jpg
      56.3 KB · Views: 225
    • 04136FD6-4898-41A0-8D19-140F08AA54B6.jpg
      04136FD6-4898-41A0-8D19-140F08AA54B6.jpg
      56.2 KB · Views: 195

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    In VA Capitol house keeping first. During recess I was interviewed by channel 6 and 8 news. They saw the WWNC shirt and headed straight to me. fred55
    that is AWESOME! super props to you and everyone else that is going the extra distance.

do you have any specific things they added, changed or removed from your talking with them (question applies to all those that have met the politicians)? would be great to hear what if anything works and what gets deaf ears.

did you hear them discuss hb619 and if so what all was said/discussed/dismissed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom