• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    HB961 passes the house. Next stop is the senate. Hopefully it is defeated there. If not, hold on to your hats. fred55

SH!T and F!CK! Do you know what, if any changes they made? Was the silencer / suppressor section removed or did Levine lie to me?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, I'm looking at what seems to have passed.

You can keep your "assault weapons" - no ban on possession - but that's about it. It is basically a Cali-style ban, just a bit worse. No registration. Assuming import means "import from out of the country", which is the usual definition, it is somewhat easily bypassed (buy a ban-config gun, take it out of state, buy some parts and put them on, bring it back in).

Mag ban (>12rds) is still in, no grandfathering that I can see. Class 1 misdemeanor for having one, Class 6 for everything else you could do with it (buy/sell/transport).

Suppressors can be possessed, but everything else (buy/sell) seems banned. Wording remains unclear about what they're trying to do re: transfers via NFA process. SBRs and SBSs are still legal, but subject to assault weapon verbiage.

This bill basically destroys competitive action shooting in VA, never mind the obvious 2A infringement.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    So, I'm looking at what seems to have passed.

You can keep your "assault weapons", but that's about it. It is basically a Cali-style ban, just a bit worse. No registration. Assuming import means "import from out of the country", which is the usual definition, it is somewhat easily bypassed (buy a ban-config gun, take it out of state, buy some parts and put them on, bring it back in).

Mag ban (>12rds) is still in, no grandfathering that I can see. Class 1 misdemeanor for having one, Class 6 for everything else you could do with it (buy/sell/transport).

Suppressors can be possessed, but everything else (buy/sell) seems banned. Wording remains unclear about what they're trying to do re: transfers via NFA process. SBRs and SBSs are still legal, but subject to assault weapon verbiage.

This bill basically destroys competitive shooting in VA, never mind the obvious 2A infringement.

so that f!cker outright lied to me about suppressors being removed!?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    so that f!cker outright lied to me about suppressors being removed!?
    I am simply telling you what the legislative website seems to tell me. If that is incorrect, I am also incorrect. A lot of Dems seem to think we're dumb enough to be OK with anything that just allows us to keep our shit and never let our kids buy anything. In this case, they didn't even get that far.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    One ray of hope, though:
    02/11/20 House: Read third time and passed House (51-Y 48-N)

If the House, which is 55 D - 45 R barely passed this, it's not looking likely to pass in the Senate, where we only need to pick off two Democratic senators to kill it. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom