• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i still don't have any reloading equip, but working my way up to that. of all places, i checked the walmart where i'm elk hunting near craig, co and they had two 1# of varget and one of titegroup! so i got them. still no primers anywhere in sight.

on the way out stopped at cabelas in kansas city, and bass pro in denver, and a few other walmarts. all were pretty much sold out of everything, reloading stuff and ammo, zero 30-06.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    awesome! Double awesome if they are from the same lot #.

knew lot numbers were a thing for precision ammo, didn't know for powder, so much to learn! but looks like i got luck and they are same lot #, which makes sense as they aren't sitting on the shelves very long.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I have a pound of Varget I bought a few weeks ago. I will sell it for the price I paid for it. If you want it, I’ll provide the receipt, also. BTW I don’t want anything extra than what I paid. If you want it I’ll take the price donated to MSI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    knew lot numbers were a thing for precision ammo, didn't know for powder, so much to learn! but looks like i got luck and they are same lot #, which makes sense as they aren't sitting on the shelves very long.

Some people have reported variances in Varget lots.

However, every OCW I have seen run for Varget, in Lapua .308 cases, with Sierra Match King 175s has come up with 43.5 grains. So not sure how much difference there is.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Some people have reported variances in Varget lots.

However, every OCW I have seen run for Varget, in Lapua .308 cases, with Sierra Match King 175s has come up with 43.5 grains. So not sure how much difference there is.

I promise you there is a difference ;). Had a shooting buddy with a 6 dasher switch lots and it was about 35fps more on the chrono and starting to crater primers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom