• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    please help me and everyone else find some primers (other than getting bent over on gunbroker)!!!

i've been checking the big reloading sites multiple times daily and have not found a thing. ammo seek shows nothing also.

specifically, small rifle and small pistol for me but sure others want large, etc as well.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Cheapest I’ve found small rifle locally is $80 for 1k. Can’t find small pistol primers anywhere. I did a trade deal with a guy. I had to drive 2 hours but I got them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Ever since the primer shortage started, I been proactive on primer availability trends. Large rifle and large pistol primers are a bit more available than small pistol and small rifle when they go in stock either online or behind the counter at stores. I noticed that magnum or bench rest primers also stick around longer. Many people have a bit of luck with their LGS, so try calling them from time to time.

Primer drops for small pistol and small rifle go OOS in a matter of minutes, if not seconds because everyone is looking for them. Bass pro/cabelas is the worst as they have a high order cancellation rate. Availability is usually extended for those websites that have a 1k primer type limit, such as powder valley, midway, etc.

They are out there, but be ready to spend a bit more than retail and not be picky on grabbing some magnums/bench rest primers.

Jul 16, 2020
    Ever since the primer shortage started, I been proactive on primer availability trends. Large rifle and large pistol primers are a bit more available than small pistol and small rifle when they go in stock either online or behind the counter at stores. I noticed that magnum or bench rest primers also stick around longer. Many people have a bit of luck with their LGS, so try calling them from time to time.

Primer drops for small pistol and small rifle go OOS in a matter of minutes, if not seconds because everyone is looking for them. Bass pro/cabelas is the worst as they have a high order cancellation rate. Availability is usually extended for those websites the have a 1k primer type limit, such as powder valley, midway, etc.

They are out there, but be ready to spend a bit more than retail and not be picky on grabbing some magnums/bench rest primers.

I managed to nab some standard large rifle primers a week ago, but the extended shortage now haw me wondering if I shouldn't just start using the magnum primers I have left over from my 300WM days on my 6.5CM.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We just received Winchester Triple Se7en 209 primers for Muzzleloading rifles. Price is insane. I can't believe how much we paid for them. They are going for $15/ per 100 pack.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I managed to nab some standard large rifle primers a week ago, but the extended shortage now haw me wondering if I shouldn't just start using the magnum primers I have left over from my 300WM days on my 6.5CM.

I have large rifle magnum primers that I bought out of a whim even though I do not use magnum lr primers. Looking back, it's good to have anything usable or at the very least as a bartering tool than no primers at all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Looks like they are going for $200 - $250 per 1K on Gunbroker.

Whatever the market bears. That said, when things are stressed, gun broker seems to show what the crazies will pay. Which if you are looking to maximize profit, it’s the biggest audience and the crazies and desperate will find you. Also means you are dealing with desperate or crazy people.

Locally-ish it seems like typically $50-80 per 1k. I see some people trying to sell for 2x that. Not sure if they are moving it or how quickly. I also gotta look at it that taking a guy over the coals, not the best karma. And maybe you’ll never deal with the person again, but no the largest community ever. Turns out tables are turned some day, don’t want the guy on the other side of the deal feeling like I screwed them because I could.

If selling, I’d just do it if I was helping someone out. Might not be able to get more or when. Got it in the back of my mind it could turn out MGA, Biden or Dems Han internet sale of ammo and components. Heck, maybe components are banned entirely. Who knows. I don’t think they’ll manage to do that either at a state or federal level. But who the hell knows. I don’t need to try to desperately buy more. I am fine on stuff. I sure wish I had more, but not at today’s prices.

But not so fine I am tempted to sell stuff even if I could turn a 2-3x profit.

Though I do have some 40 I got awhile back thinking I might get something in 40S&W and I doubt I’ll ever buy a gun in that caliber. No sense in holding on to the ammo I am almost certainly never going to shoot.

There is a rumor floating around in the reloading pages on social media that s&b may bring back selling primers in the United States and that apparently some larger distributor has a very large shipment coming in but will not be available until after the first of the year. I've also heard that Franchi may also be supplying some to the United states. I guess we'll see after January 1

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    for the first time in a couple months of looking thru all the big websites, lg outdoors has some primers in stock, but at $270-315/1000. that's 50% more than loaded 9mm was going for early this year. outrageous.

on a related note, seeing a lot of sig ammo on gunbroker. guess they're buying at not-outrageous prices from sig and immed putting it on gb for higher prices. i guess that's capitalism but it's prob not sitting well with sig.

sundaeman

MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    for the first time in a couple months of looking thru all the big websites, lg outdoors has some primers in stock, but at $270-315/1000. that's 50% more than loaded 9mm was going for early this year. outrageous.

on a related note, seeing a lot of sig ammo on gunbroker. guess they're buying at not-outrageous prices from sig and immed putting it on gb for higher prices. i guess that's capitalism but it's prob not sitting well with sig.

I picked up some LPP the other day for about $35/1000. People must be impatient to pay that much. LG should be picking up hazmat fee and shipping at those prices.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Primers bought locally, just received projectiles Friday evening, waiting for 50 Cal S&W projectiles should be here Tuesday.

Attachments

• Arrivals.jpg
      Arrivals.jpg
      128.8 KB · Views: 167
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member