• Sig 365

Votes: 98 48.3%
    • Sprinfield Hellcat

Votes: 34 16.7%

• Total voters

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    My buddy has a 365 and the mags all have surface rust after a month of carry. His barrel and chamber looked rusty on the inside, and he scratched the lens on the red dot with his fingernail the first time he turned it on. After a 4 day class, the red dot lens was scratched beyond being usable. Have talked and inspected the guns of a lot of people who carry this regularly and it seems to be an isolated issue, but it turned me off of them.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I voted 43x, but I will throw in like some others that I carry the Glock 26.

Maybe I'm a little bit of a fanboy, but they are simple, reliable, and have a long track record with incremental improvements in each generation. Glock is almost always a good answer when you just have a list of guns and not much else to go on.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    I have the P365 and my wife has the Hellcat. We don't have a lot of rounds through them. But, on the P365 the 12 round mag gives me much better grip than the 10 round flush mag. I do have average hands, but the 10r flush leaves my pinky floating. Not a fan. Other than that, we both like have no issues with either.

Last edited:

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    My buddy has a 365 and the mags all have surface rust after a month of carry. His barrel and chamber looked rusty on the inside, and he scratched the lens on the red dot with his fingernail the first time he turned it on. After a 4 day class, the red dot lens was scratched beyond being usable. Have talked and inspected the guns of a lot of people who carry this regularly and it seems to be an isolated issue, but it turned me off of them.

I got my 365 the day it was approved in Maryland and have carried it almost daily since then AIWB, IWB, and OWB. With standard care no rust issues. I clean it once every 3-4 months.

For the mags and gun to rust it has to be a storage issue or a problem with whatever your friend is using to lube it. Mags are not made by Sig.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I got my 365 the day it was approved in Maryland and have carried it almost daily since then AIWB, IWB, and OWB. With standard care no rust issues. I clean it once every 3-4 months.

For the mags and gun to rust it has to be a storage issue or a problem with whatever your friend is using to lube it. Mags are not made by Sig.
    Yeah that’s pretty unusual.

I voted Sig P365. That’s what I carry. I have to carry a G43x sometimes for work and it just doesn’t fit my large hands. There ends up being a large air gap between my palms and the side of the firearm. I did a 3 day concealed carry class with it and shield arms mags, and the instructors could not find a solution that did not widen the pistol. Just ended up switching back to the G19. The odd thing is that the P365 has an even smaller grip, but it fits my hand well. Would prefer to carry the same thing at home and work, but the 43x just isn’t a winner for me. May buy one to train with to troubleshoot my issues.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    From a google search, this is not all that uncommon an issue. Looks like some people got good ones, and others, not so lucky.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Still sounds like a mode and lube thing to me.

I doubt it. He's an obsessive compulsive neat freak. Hope he dont read that. None of his other weapons, stored or carried the same place in the same way have exhibited any issues. He uses the same lube I do for all my guns, and nothing I have has rusted.

I have heard third hand, that Sig CS has acknowledged that some had an issue, but it seems to be rectified nowadays.

HK1911

Jan 23, 2014
    MD
    I’ve always had glocks, but I chose the sig p365x over the glock 43x. Love it so far.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I have owned and carried the G43 and P365 extensively.

Let me preface this by saying that I am a Glock guy. I started with Glock when I was young, and saw no big reason to change. I have many Glocks. That being said, I think the P365 is in every way superior. It's smaller, and yet you're getting 3 extra rounds.

P365 is especially the winner if you ever plan on pocket carrying. It's not even close.

If I'm IWB, I'm G43x or G48. If I'm going pocket, P365 every time. I know I'm only one data point, but I've only had the 365 for a little over a month. I've carried it every day, and put about 550 rounds through it. No issues.

I like the Glock trigger better, but that's because I'm used to it, not because it's better.

Sig P365 all the way.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    You guys almost have me changing my mind.
    I WAS considering retiring my pitiful Walther for a G43X. Mainly for the grip length followed by capacity.
    I hadn't considered the P365X.
    For those of you who compared these and did my homework for me, is the P365X worth the extra $?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I WAS considering retiring my pitiful Walther for a G43X. Mainly for the grip length followed by capacity.
    For those of you who compared these and did my homework for me, is the P365X worth the extra $?
    You need to hold both. Or better yet, shoot both. Both are good firearms, but chances are good that one will work better for you than the other.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Having recently completed a grip swap to an XL Grip Frame I’ll say it’s a significant enhancement. Different and better also than using the standard grip frame with 12rd mags with the sleeved baseplate. I’ll probably pick up an XL slide/barrel/recoil spring to use also at some point. Many configurations you can achieve with these. Unfortunately you cant just do the same with the G43/x/48 components. I’d say if you can to have both, if only one it’s hard to dispute the P365 with the potential.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Kind of a cliche by now, but I find the Sig P365 size to be amazing. I picked mine up yesterday from Gunrunners after receiving the not disapproved go ahead. For at least a month, I had been comparing the model that I got, the SAS, to the P365 XL, SA Hellcat, Ruger Max-9, Glock 43x, and Glock 48 that they had in the shop at various times. It wasn't an easy choice. The grips felt good on most of these guns, and several had decent triggers. Was going between the SAS and XL the moment before starting paperwork last week.

I decided that I wanted the smaller overall size and the slide on the SAS. I actually prefer the flat trigger, slide stop, and takedown buttons on the XL. I'm going to use the gun in a holster so the antisnag features aren't critical. I just like the SAS slide profile.

When I brought it home, I compared the SAS to my standard OWB/IWB carry, my Walther PPS M2, which I carry with 7- and 8-rd mags. The Walther is positively huge compared to the SAS, even when using the 7-rd mag in the PPS and the 10-rd mag with pinky extension in the SAS. The SAS grip also feels better with a slight palm swell in the right spot for me where I have a bit of wiggle with the Walther.

More surprising was the comparison to the Sig P238 (380 ACP), my pocket carry in a Remora holster. Dimensionally, the P365 is only a scooch larger. Slightly longer slide and larger trigger guard (which I prefer).

Was talking to a friend at the shop last night who happens to also carry an SAS. He's happy with accuracy at the range. Very curious to see how it does for me. Conceivable that this gun will replace both the PPS and P238. It's also a good looking gun from my perspective.

f75fd85e78fe85ac2a12d1e5215ed10a.jpg

ebdbecfcc8970cb0cefd0905a04df06d.jpg

6628fcacb59feee211b9c689755dcb3b.jpg

a2d278a86429e5d63ef4149991e27bd4.jpg

f3955e36a05f75ad784dc3ce0d417367.jpg

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Kind of a cliche by now, but I find the Sig P365 size to be amazing. I picked mine up yesterday from Gunrunners after receiving the not disapproved go ahead. For at least a month, I had been comparing the model that I got, the SAS, to the P365 XL, SA Hellcat, Ruger Max-9, Glock 43x, and Glock 48 that they had in the shop at various times. It wasn't an easy choice. The grips felt good on most of these guns, and several had decent triggers. Was going between the SAS and XL the moment before starting paperwork last week.

I decided that I wanted the smaller overall size and the slide on the SAS. I actually prefer the flat trigger, slide stop, and takedown buttons on the XL. I'm going to use the gun in a holster so the antisnag features aren't critical. I just like the SAS slide profile.

When I brought it home, I compared the SAS to my standard OWB/IWB carry, my Walther PPS M2, which I carry with 7- and 8-rd mags. The Walther is positively huge compared to the SAS, even when using the 7-rd mag in the PPS and the 10-rd mag with pinky extension in the SAS. The SAS grip also feels better with a slight palm swell in the right spot for me where I have a bit of wiggle with the Walther.

More surprising was the comparison to the Sig P238 (380 ACP), my pocket carry in a Remora holster. Dimensionally, the P365 is only a scooch larger. Slightly longer slide and larger trigger guard (which I prefer).

Was talking to a friend at the shop last night who happens to also carry an SAS. He's happy with accuracy at the range. Very curious to see how it does for me. Conceivable that this gun will replace both the PPS and P238. It's also a good looking gun from my perspective.

Keep an eye out on the sights of the SAS. I've had an SAS for a couple of years now and when I was checking it out the other day, it works fine in bright light but in low/no light the sights disappear.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Keep an eye out on the sights of the SAS. I've had an SAS for a couple of years now and when I was checking it out the other day, it works fine in bright light but in low/no light the sights disappear.

Mine are fine in low and no light.

Hers, not his

Attachments

• 5E8B2BF7-8602-4A52-96DB-CDE021B8D86F.jpg
      5E8B2BF7-8602-4A52-96DB-CDE021B8D86F.jpg
      161.1 KB · Views: 146

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sill love my LCP and SR9C. And I'm not even a Ruger fan but those are two nice pistols. LCP is a great carry gun, very slim, never had one malfunction with it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

f75fd85e78fe85ac2a12d1e5215ed10a.jpg

ebdbecfcc8970cb0cefd0905a04df06d.jpg

6628fcacb59feee211b9c689755dcb3b.jpg

a2d278a86429e5d63ef4149991e27bd4.jpg

f3955e36a05f75ad784dc3ce0d417367.jpg

Wow! The Walther is a gorilla next to the P365. Thanks.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Well I think it's clear the Sig 365X is the way to go. It seems more people are converted to the 365 from the 43x than vice versa. It will probably be a Xmas present to myself. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom