• Sig 365

Votes: 98 48.3%
    • Sprinfield Hellcat

Votes: 34 16.7%

• Total voters

hammer67

Aug 21, 2016
    Ellicott City
    But the debate ends up being another “9 vs 45”.

The only winner of which… is the one who sticks to their guns and doesn’t change on someone else’s say so.
    Wait, you forgot the best, which is 40:lol2::lol2:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    At the Gettysburg Gun Show today I got to handle all 3 pistols, and the Glock 43x was the most comfortable. The Hellcat's trigger was unique. (Saying it nicely) The vendor described it accurately. Like a switch being activated.

43x is in my future.
    Love mine, great little gun. Holds 15 with some minor mods.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    I bought the Kimber after handling a bunch of them. It just felt "right" to me.

Attachments

• 20220311_203504.jpg
      20220311_203504.jpg
      974.8 KB · Views: 88

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    You are best to visit a few shops and pick them up and see how they feel to you. The P365 is nice, excellent build quality, excellent capacity. I would consider the standard frame with an extended magazine and extended grip insert over the longer magwell XL variant, mainly for flexibility. The SA Hellcat is a very good pistol also with very good ergonomics and capacity, and also optics-capable. The SAS variant of the P365 is de-horned for pocket carry and uses the Meprolight BT tritium-fiberoptic sight system in a factory milled slide recess, flush with the top of the slide. The tradeoff is that the slide lock release is recessed and hard to press and the slide release lever has been replaced with a slot in a circular button which needs a tool.

Just about everyone has jumped aboard the micro-nine wagon. Mossberg has an update to their design (MC2sc) that offers the benefits of their takedown system and larger magazine capacity than their earlier MC1SC, competitive with the others, but domestic-made and also less expensive.

Look around and hold them. Supplies seem better and prices have been coming down from their highs of a couple of years ago, which removes the pressure to buy quickly.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Just bought the Glock 43x today. Gonna have to wait til pickup. :whoa:

Already bought the sheild arms s15 mags at the Gettysburg gunshow. I've heard I should get the shield arms mag release too. Any holster recommendations? @Blaster229 recommends Vedder Kydex, everyone concur?

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010

Already bought the sheild arms s15 mags at the Gettysburg gunshow. I've heard I should get the shield arms mag release too. Any holster recommendations? @Blaster229 recommends Vedder Kydex, everyone concur?
    The mag release is recommended, I ran the SA mags with the mag release for 2 days but found it to FTF several (3) times. That was enough to make me revert back. I carry the 43x daily, I didn’t want a FTF in an emergency situation. I’ve thought about carrying the SA as a backup mag but honestly, 21 rounds of hst is enough for me.

Vedder light tuck iwb is so comfortable I don’t know I’m wearing it most times

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    The regular p365 is what I carry the most here in FL, but I carry a Glock 48 a lot as well.

The 48 isn’t a micro but it’s dam close, it’s VERY easy to conceal in tshirt and shorts

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland

Yes -- all of my Kydex carry holsters are Vedder and they serve the purpose well-- 2 for the 43X. I also use Vedder mag holsters for the spare mags. My experience with the SA 15 rnd mags differs from DocPeanut. I've had no issues w/FTF and I rotate my 4 carry mags through range time regularly. I changed the Glock polymer mag release on my 43X to a metal one purchased from HYVE-- . Just make sure you have good lighting and the right tools to make the switch. I found it a little tricky but manageable.

Oh... and congratulations on the 43x-- you won't be disappointed.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Yes -- all of my Kydex carry holsters are Vedder and they serve the purpose well-- 2 for the 43X. I also use Vedder mag holsters for the spare mags. My experience with the SA 15 rnd mags differs from DocPeanut. I've had no issues w/FTF and I rotate my 4 carry mags through range time regularly. I changed the Glock polymer mag release on my 43X to a metal one purchased from HYVE-- . Just make sure you have good lighting and the right tools to make the switch. I found it a little tricky but manageable.

Oh... and congratulations on the 43x-- you won't be disappointed.
    I do Vedder a little different but love their stuff also- I had a bunch of different basic Kydex shell IWB’s already (Concealment Express, etc) and saw on Vedder’s site you could buy their short and long tuckable metal clips ala carte and have made my own combinations and variants I hadn’t seen offered commercially. My primary holster was built this way with their adjustable long tuckable clip and works great. Often I tuck over the P365 and works great with no printing, just the clip on a black belt which doesn’t stand out. Comfortable all day carry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      878.3 KB · Views: 82

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I don't know what a micro is but I was set on buying a shield and the good folks at Duffy's let me hold one and a few others and I bought something different cause it felt better. Walther CCP. Love it

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    In the subcompact class I’ve got the G26, G43X, P365, LCP, LCP II, LCP Max, Ruger Max 9, LC9s and have CCW’d all with a bin full of holsters covering everything from OWB, IWB, Pocket, Belly Band, Ankle, and off body carry. The P365 in the simple IWB I pictured is the one I go to 9 times out of 10 followed only now by the LCP Max in a pocket holster.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    This one should be on the list imo:

3424117-D-265-F-4856-9797-24-D94-D441-F91.jpg

My Iowa neighbor did a video on micro 9's, and this came in #1.

BTW, The Honest Outlaw took part in a shooting competition put on involving many of the top YouTubers and pro shooters. The #1 winner might not be a surprise: Jerry Miculek. Guess who was #2?

The Honest Outlaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom