• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If this actually comes to pass, bear in mind that there will be a crap ton of new applications from everyone who didn't want to wait a year for their can.

This will result in a wait of about a year to deal with the sudden backlog.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    If this actually comes to pass, bear in mind that there will be a crap ton of new applications from everyone who didn't want to wait a year for their can.

This will result in a wait of about a year to deal with the sudden backlog.

idk. eforms does not take long. paper forms are being typed into eforms on the back end, the wait time seems to be the time to type in the data.

There is already a way to scan the info using a QR code. eforms eliminates a huge unproductive time suck.

Even if there is a surge after Christmas, eforms ought to be able to handle it.

The real issue will be the unfairness of ppl who submitted in Jan getting approved in Feb.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's official! Got an email from the alphabet people yesterday espousing its arrival.

Question. If I purchase NFA items as an individual, can I later then enter them into my trust? Would that require all trustees to be photo/finger printed?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It's official! Got an email from the alphabet people yesterday espousing its arrival.

Question. If I purchase NFA items as an individual, can I later then enter them into my trust? Would that require all trustees to be photo/finger printed?

I was told a couple years ago that to move a non trust item into a trust, you had to submit a new form and pay another $200 for a new stamp.

I never followed up tio find out if that was true or not. If it's not, I'd like to move my SBR into the trust.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was told a couple years ago that to move a non trust item into a trust, you had to submit a new form and pay another $200 for a new stamp.

I never followed up tio find out if that was true or not. If it's not, I'd like to move my SBR into the trust.

I guess that kinda makes sense because, in essence, you are transferring from one owner to another.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Yeah, that's the case.

My irst couple NFAs were trusts; took about a year and a half to get the stamp. Cot a couple cans waiting for stamps now; did them as individual, figuring I'd rather have them in hand first, then waste 200 bucks and a year or two later, once I already had the use of them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah, that's the case.

My irst couple NFAs were trusts; took about a year and a half to get the stamp. Cot a couple cans waiting for stamps now; did them as individual, figuring I'd rather have them in hand first, then waste 200 bucks and a year or two later, once I already had the use of them.

That's smart(but I'm not surprised by that :)). I will do the same once I dive back in...

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    Mine are all in my trust from when trusts were easier than individual. All my trust info is saved in my silencer shop account, so if I decide to buy another, I just need to update my fingerprints and photo the same as I would have to do as an individual

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    Sounds nice but I fear their end goal is to eventually make semi auto rifles easier to register and search. :tinfoil:

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    If you are already registered for eFile, check you email. You should have received instructions detailing how to reset your account after the transition outage, and that existing applications should port over to new system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    How do you upload fingerprints to the eform system? All my eform stuff was back before that requirement.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    You don't they are mailed in on paper cards

ATF will send you the paper cards free

no. In the new system they let you submit fingerprints electronically for form 4.

How do you upload fingerprints to the eform system? All my eform stuff was back before that requirement.

You would have to scan the fingerprint cards then upload the scanned pdf. My guess is that there is also a minimum resolution you have to scan the cards.

They may have a separate screen for fingerprints, but if not there is an area to upload "additional documents."

Atf says:

Electronic submission of fingerprint cards for ATF Form 4. You will be able to attach your “digital fingerprint cards” to your submission.

Support for larger file attachments. The updated eForms will accept electronic documents up to 30 MB in size.

Just because you are able to, doesn't mean to have to if you don't have a scanner.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    no. In the new system they let you submit fingerprints electronically for form 4.

You would have to scan the fingerprint cards then upload the scanned pdf. My guess is that there is also a minimum resolution you have to scan the cards.

They may have a separate screen for fingerprints, but if not there is an area to upload "additional documents."

Atf says:

Just because you are able to, doesn't mean to have to if you don't have a scanner.

Shit I didn't see that. I wonder if you'll be able to upload Form 1 prints as well. That's the last annoyance

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    One would think if they let them for form 4, they would also for form 1. But is the ATF, so logic doesn't apply.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

Atf says:

I heard about efile form 4s, but didn't know they were allowing electronic print cards via PDF, that is awesome. I already have them scanned, and have to print them on cardstock at high res and trim them to the correct shape, or pay my NFA gun shop $20 to print a set out for me to mail.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo

Atf says:
    Electronic submission of fingerprint cards for ATF Form 4. You will be able to attach your “digital fingerprint cards” to your submission.

Thats what I was asking about when I read the same in the ATF email. I was thinking they might want digital docs direct from the electronic scanners SilencerShop/etc use. (I don't know what file format those are even in or if there is a common standard.) If they'll take scanned prints, thats pretty easy.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I guess that kinda makes sense because, in essence, you are transferring from one owner to another.

Yep that’s my understanding. I may have one other can I want to get but doing it in the trust would be a pain now because my wife and one other person would need to get fingerprinted.
    I guess I could just buy that one as an individual.
    Or I could just stop buying more gun stuff lol
    Trying to reduce the amount of stuff I have that doesn’t get used a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom