• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Just read this interesting article about Oblamo's and Romney's "positions" on gun restrictions on Yayoo a few minutes ago. Hope it isn't a dupe. The trouble is that what they say while they are spending a combined billion dollars to get elected to a $250,000 job can't foretell what they will do after they are elected. :sad20:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-romney-views-evolved-toward-gun-rights-075546394.html

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Minuteman said:
    Great article. It summarizes the history of both candidates on the issue.

My favorite quote: "We need a president who will enforce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners,"

What we need:

"We need a president who will enforce reduce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners,"

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Try again. ;)

What we need:

"We need a president who will enforce reduce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden in order to restore rights to lawful gun owners as the founders intended"

First up should be the FOPA of 86... I highly doubt that the GCA and NFA will ever be repealed but the machine gun ban sucks. Re-authorizing a class of weapons to be lawfully manufactured/registered for civilian use will generate lots of revenue from tax stamps. The NFA registry is pretty successful, only a couple of murders have ever been committed with registered machine guns.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    smores said:
    Try again. ;)

First up should be the FOPA of 86... I highly doubt that the GCA and NFA will ever be repealed but the machine gun ban sucks. Re-authorizing a class of weapons to be lawfully manufactured/registered for civilian use will generate lots of revenue from tax stamps. The NFA registry is pretty successful, only a couple of murders have ever been committed with registered machine guns.

I was thinking more along the lines of 18 USC 922(o) aka the Hughes amendment.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Summary:

Public statements against guns (-) and for guns (+)

Obama -6 and +3
    Romney -4 and +7

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Try again. ;)

If you can't get rid of NFA, ...
    Reduce the stamp cost to $50 and have them sold at the post office, across the counter after an instant check.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Try again. ;)

Good point. It sickens me too look at that pair of bullets on my Spikes lower that might never see the tip of that selection pointer.:sad20:

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    The executive branch, as a rule, is at best apathetic towards gun rights. After than it just gets worse.

Hasn't been a pro-gun president in decades.

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Regardless of what you, I, or anyone else might think of the 2 candidates, which one would you rather have should the need to nominate another (or even 2) Justice(s) to the Supreme Court arise?

Chances are better than good that at least one Justice will retire and/or expire. If it happens to be one of the Heller/McDonald 5 - do we want another Sotomayor or Kagan?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    +1

Regardless of what you, I, or anyone else might think of the 2 candidates, which one would you rather have should the need to nominate another (or even 2) Justice(s) to the Supreme Court arise?

Chances are better than good that at least one Justice will retire and/or expire. If it happens to be one of the Heller/McDonald 5 - do we want another Sotomayor or Kagan?

Thanks Al,

That is the point that is lost on most people. If Obama is re-elected, not only will 2A be under fire (pun intended), but so will many other articles in The Bill of Rights.

Like my signature line ... P4T5 - Pray for the five that gave us Heller and McDonald.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom