• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I scanned the stickies for my answer and found several references to it but thought I would pose my specific questions here so I don't goof up and end up having to 'splain myself to the MDSP or the BATFE.

I bought a Mosin-Nagant a while back using my C&R license. I have enjoyed cleaning it up and shooting it on occasion but now find there is no more room in the safe and there are other toys I would like to put in there, sooo...

I know I can't sell to another C&R here in Maryland and I think I can't sell to a non-C&R out of state without FFL, but can I sell the Mosin to a non-C&R within Maryland? If so, I assume I will need name address, etc. from the buyer (and maybe a copy of the buyer's driver's license?) to put into the bound book. Is that right? No other paperwork or approvals, not-denieds? Another assumption is that the Mosin is not a regulated firearm but I've been wrong too many times to state that with any certainty.

Thanks.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I know I can't sell to another C&R here in Maryland and I think I can't sell to a non-C&R out of state but can I sell the Mosin to a non-C&R within Maryland?

What? Where the heck did you get ANY of those ideas?

You can sell a M/N to any non-prohibited Maryland resident.

You can sell a M/N to any FFL03 holder in any other state.

You can sell a M/N to anyone in any other state, through an FFL in their state, or face-to-face if they come to Maryland, by virtue of your FFL03 license.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Mosin Nagant rifle is non-regulated. You can sell it face to face with no background check and no paperwork at all (but its always a good idea to keep a bill of sale) I would also log it into your bound book even if you don't sell to a C&R using their license. I am not 100% on this, but I think you can sell it through the mail to another MD C&R since its not regulated. You couldn't do that with a C&R handgun.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Since it it an unregulated rifle, you can sell it to a Maryland resident, C&R holder or not. (Provided they are not a prohibited person)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Once you have a C&R license, ALL your acquisitions and dispositions of C&R firearms must be recorded in your bound book. Doesn't matter if they come from/go to other FFL's, or private individuals.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Thanks all. I'm giving myself a 70% on having mostly right answers before posting my question (I grade myself on a very heavy curve :lol2:). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom