• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I will check the Eldersburg Wal-Mart this afternoon.
    Never purchased ammo from them.
    I am an avid reloader but buy Russian ammo over the web.

I was thinking about checking there on my way home today but I can't come up with a good reason to. I may have to stop there for other stuff and if I do I will at least cruise by the ammo section to see what they have.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I was thinking about checking there on my way home today but I can't come up with a good reason to. I may have to stop there for other stuff and if I do I will at least cruise by the ammo section to see what they have.

All the future banned ammo was gone. Empty shelves.
    I did buy 2 525 rnd boxes of Rem .22LR.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    All the future banned ammo was gone. Empty shelves.
    I did buy 2 525 rnd boxes of Rem .22LR.

Could have told you that. Some individual bought all they had just before my wife stopped there to pick up some 9mm for her gun. On the positive side, the Hampstead Walmart had it in stock and was supposed to be getting another delivery this morning. Not being an asshat, I only bought some and left the rest incase some other poor soul wanted some.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    In the meantime I’m buying up as much 9/223/556 at the distributor level as I can before prices skyrocket and availability goes to crap, I should know by Monday how things are looking.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I went to my local Martinsburg WM to check it out after the CEO said they were more than just considering going down the road of no handgun ammo and no AR ammo after their supply chain runs dry. Seemed like they had plenty although the sporting goods manager said 2 guys came in the day before and bought $1500 each worth of ammo. So on that note I bought the remaining 3 Fed 9mm 200 rd boxes but left the rest including the 100 rd and 50 rd boxes and all the Winchester and Remington 9mm. I needed it for the rest of the year anyway. $.17/rd is what I like to spend anyway but if it happens I guess I will have to consider reloading 9mm down the road.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Dunkirk Wally World had plenty of all evil calibers as of a couple hours ago. All regular prices. Myself and the two others at the counter each bought a couple of boxes of stuff to play around with this weekend but nobody was rushing the place or clearing anything out.

I wish Jon was closer since his prices are great but I don’t buy enough at any one time to make the drive up there worth it.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Walmart already stated they will sell their remaining stocks of ammo until gone. Fallston had Remington 9mm Green Box for $9.97 and there were no price increases for any remaining ammo.

With all the money I saved shopping there today I'll be able to buy more expensive ammo elsewhere when they stop selling theirs.

Some of us just don't buy 1,000-5,000 rounds at a time

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Dunkirk Wally World had plenty of all evil calibers as of a couple hours ago. All regular prices. Myself and the two others at the counter each bought a couple of boxes of stuff to play around with this weekend but nobody was rushing the place or clearing anything out.

I wish Jon was closer since his prices are great but I don’t buy enough at any one time to make the drive up there worth it.

Why not reach out to other shooters in your area and go in together?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Why is anyone here trying to buy ammo at Walmart after their announcement anyway?
    Go see Ammo Jon, your local gun shop, or order online. Walmart can suck a bag of d*cks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    How many of you didn't stop supporting WalMart when they announced that those of legal age to be drafted or convicted as an adult (18-20), were no longer adult enough to buy firearms or ammunition? How many of you have still been shopping at Dicks?

Perhaps some people only have principles when it directly impacts them?

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan

"Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

So there you have it. Walmart has partnered with Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown anti-gun operation in an effort to strip law-abiding Americans of their right to purchase, keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and their families.

The good news is that America’s gun owners can help familiarize Walmart with the “get woke, go broke” principle. Just as Dick’s has learned. One hundred fifty million times."

Last edited:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I was in the Frederick, Guilford drive store again today. all of the pistol ammo, except .380 ACP, was gone. I didn't see any .223/5.56 or 7.62x39, there were a few boxes of .300 ACC Blackout left.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I was in the Frederick, Guilford drive store again today. all of the pistol ammo, except .380 ACP, was gone. I didn't see any .223/5.56 or 7.62x39, there were a few boxes of .300 ACC Blackout left.

I know you got there after me. Bought the one box of Tulammo x39 they had just because I was there and you can never have enough SKS food.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's borderline(pun not intended) for me , but there's MDS'ers in the Tri-County border area, put a thread on here to connect .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom