• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    You’re close enough I can bring it to your work ;)

I'm flattered you remember!

I am pretty well stocked(if one can ever have enough) at the moment, but I just may take you up on that!

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    He's not your friend, buy it. Make sure you have it sent in unmarked container(s). I prefer FedEx. I got a 2-case of gallon paints and heavy as hell, and no questions... they don't know what's in the box/case.:party29:

I thought they all have to ship with ordnance labels on the box

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm flattered you remember!

I am pretty well stocked(if one can ever have enough) at the moment, but I just may take you up on that!

Every time I look out my office building on the beautiful sun rise over harm City I see that beautiful terra cotta building of yours ;)

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    Every time I look out my office building on the beautiful sun rise over harm City I see that beautiful terra cotta building of yours ;)

You're a romantic, that's what you are! LOL. Been a slow few weeks for the car biz

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    1000 rounds, per caliber, or per gun? Is this a universal recommendation, or just common practice? Also, are there any special forms or procedurse to buy online, where to buy a case is best? Is 1000 a standard case, so half a case is 500? I'm guessing its cheaper the more you buy? Walmart was my go tooo, but I've read they are going to stop selling ammo, so need to find another source; this thread reads like online is teh best.

WRL

Apr 13, 2011
    I know someone in Maryland who purchased 1 million 9mm rounds which were being sold by the Austrian army as excess to its needs. He got an import license and went through all the legal requirements to import the ammunition.

GSXR750

Nov 28, 2012
    it's really even a shame that anyone even has to consider for a moment getting flagged or put on some type of list. Or to have to show an id to make a purchase.

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Goodbye Cruel World................

Im a dead man too. Please bury me with my ammo as I am sure to need it where Im going

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    1000 rounds, per caliber, or per gun? Is this a universal recommendation, or just common practice? Also, are there any special forms or procedurse to buy online, where to buy a case is best? Is 1000 a standard case, so half a case is 500? I'm guessing its cheaper the more you buy? Walmart was my go tooo, but I've read they are going to stop selling ammo, so need to find another source; this thread reads like online is teh best.

Case quantities are a function of caliber IME.

22LR = 5k
    9x19 = 1k
    45 ACP = 500
    223 = 500

Some of this is likely due to box dimensions and weight per box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Somewhere around '13 I asked Lou45 how many rounds he thought a person should have. He took a long draw on his cigarette, did that "stare off into space in deep concentration" thing that he did, exhaled and said, "for me, about 20k rounds for the firearms I like to shoot". I asked for an explanation and he told he figured he shoots about 1k rounds per year for the guns he most often shoots. He figured he had about 20 years left, so 20K rounds. That's what he would recommend in case the supply dried up and you couldn't buy it anymore.

I would say 1k per gun is a minimum. Heck, I have 1080 rounds for a bent piece of sheet metal with a serial number stamped on it. :lol2:

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Somewhere around '13 I asked Lou45 how many rounds he thought a person should have. He took a long draw on his cigarette, did that "stare off into space in deep concentration" thing that he did, exhaled and said, "for me, about 20k rounds for the firearms I like to shoot". I asked for an explanation and he told he figured he shoots about 1k rounds per year for the guns he most often shoots. He figured he had about 20 years left, so 20K rounds. That's what he would recommend in case the supply dried up and you couldn't buy it anymore.

I would say 1k per gun is a minimum. Heck, I have 1080 rounds for a bent piece of sheet metal with a serial number stamped on it. :lol2:

He was ahead of his time. Hopefully it doesn’t get to that point but consider it an investment financially as well as what if.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

It is up to you. Some people are OCD, some people just have some ammo.

TO buy online, you order it, it shows up.

Rounds per case depends. Centerfire pistol is normally 1000 rounds per case. Centerfire rifle is normally 500 or 1000 rounds per case, depending on caliber. .22LR is 5000 rounds per case.

Walmart is only stopping selling pistol and selected rifle ammo.

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    The only reason I stop buying ammo in bulk is that I don't have anymore room to store it...time to break out the reloading gear.
    :)

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    ...also stopped by Wallys at Arundel Mills and clerk said they are still getting shipments in and shelves were well stocked with EVERYTHING.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

Yep. Hell, I have 1000 rounds for a firearm I haven't even gotten yet.

:innocent0

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I generally ONLY buy ammo in bulk. Once or twice a year, I might buy something like .380 JHP, or .45 ACP, a box or two, for self-defense purposes. I'm probably well over 6,000 rounds this year, and no visit from MSP or any of the bogeymen from the ATF. Your "friend" is off prospecting in the Paranoia Range, and isn't going to strike it rich...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom