• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Went into panic mode and rushed to the local Walmart after being out of town for awhile. 9mm is gone, but they still have everything else. 20190905_123749.jpg

Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD
    Went into panic mode and rushed to the local Walmart after being out of town for awhile. 9mm is gone, but they still have everything else. View attachment 267074

9mm, .223 & 5.56 cleared out at my local Walmart.

2 days ago it was well stocked.

The gentleman working the counter said Walmart will honor their existing orders from manufacturers and restock until that's complete.

Bummer, as where I live they had the best selection and prices within a reasonable driving distance and per round prices on mainstays that could only be beat by buying large quantities online.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One of my patients bought 12,000 rounds of 9mm at a Walmart earlier this week.

I've been using the Walmart price finder app online and I don't believe that all this ammo is being bought. I think it's being pulled. I've been searching for 5.56 7.62 by 39 9 mm 40 Smith & Wesson 45 ACP 762 x 51 and almost all of the stores in my area and up around Bel Air have had ammo in stock however it when you try to scan Walmart barcode on the app it says product not found if you do it on standard hunting ammunition it works so I think Walmart has ordered the stores to start pulling the ammunition off the shelves. Also the app didn't show any major discounts in price on anything except items that we're not in stock anywhere.

A little birdie told me that they are pulling ammo off the shelves. Not everything all at once but by the end of the month i there will only be shotgun shells and what Walmart considers reputable hunting ammunition left. No handgun ammunition no AR or AK ammunition. To be honest Walmart's prices weren't that good and there are other places where you can get ammo For less cost per round. Frankly I'm willing to pay a few more pennies per round if I can buy it local. I also reload a great deal so I don't purchase all that much in the way of commercial ammunition with the exception of 17 HMR, 22 Magnum and 22 long rifle

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Guys, maybe I'm missing something here but Walmart should have to eat that ammo! At this point, buying it from them is capitulation and for all practical purposes, support of their position. There are plenty of other sources for ammo, why buy from a company that has now proven its disdain for our community?

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I stopped by my local (Onley, VA) Walmart, saw two mouth breathers in line with more ammo them they could carry. I asked a sales drone if they had put it on sale, thinking I should get in on this! Nope, not on sale, just regular price, but the drool mouths probably can't figure out where else to get it? Jeeze, I can damn near ALWAYS beat WalMart's price with a little careful online shopping... Go rednecks, go!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Have I missed something? Are they slashing prices? Or is this an issue of people who don't have a good, cheap supply elsewhere buying it?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    One of my patients bought 12,000 rounds of 9mm at a Walmart earlier this week.

I’m surprised they had that much. I know they have 100 packs and the occasional 1000 round case but you’d have a full cart to get to 12000 rounds. That’s 240 50 round packs.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wouldn’t this be funny if it was all just a marketing ploy to sell old stock? Next week they’ll tweet that they have “reconsidered” and will continue selling.
    Caught part of a program on NPR today. Sounds like the Walmart CEO has been considering options to limit their sales in the firearms marketplace since at least Parkland. The majority of the story was about strategies to put pressure on businesses and banks to interfere with this marketplace.
    Have I missed something? Are they slashing prices? Or is this an issue of people who don't have a good, cheap supply elsewhere buying it?
    I suspect some of these folks are uncomfortable ordering on the internet, don't like credit cards (yes, there are some of these folks in the gun community), or simply unfamiliar with where to shop on the internet for ammo - so are stocking up (and because of the lack of internet shopping, don't realize that there's a slight cost savings if one knows where to shop, get reduced/free shipping, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom