• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huck Hound

Mar 8, 2020
    Anyone else suspicious when leaving a gun range with your guns? :envy:
    I always look around for cops, make sure I am not being tailed and always watch my speed limit because I feel leaving a gun range is a prime opportunity for a cop to pull you over and harass you looking to charge you for something gun related.:tdown: :sad20: Just how I feel in this day and age we live in.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I'd be more worried about who else might see that you have some nice guns and decide they want them.

Not worried about the police since my guns are all legal and are legally transported.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I always look around for cops, make sure I am not being tailed and always watch my speed limit because I feel leaving a gun range is a prime opportunity for a cop to pull you over and harass you looking to charge you for something gun related.:tdown: :sad20: Just how I feel in this day and age we live in.

You are over-thinking. Life is difficult and complicated as it is, so don't make it more than it has to be.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While the incidence of anti- gun LEO enthusiastically delaying you while " verifying " all your firearms is slightly greater than zero , the risk of Malfactors following you with ill intent is relatively much larger , while still small in the absolute sense .

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You are over-thinking. Life is difficult and complicated as it is, so don't make it more than it has to be.
    Nice to see you back, DD214.

For you newer members (which relative to DD214, I am), DD214 is the founder of MDS. The one who first gave Norton his ban hammer.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Nice to see you back, DD214.

For you newer members (which relative to DD214, I am), DD214 is the founder of MDS. The one who first gave Norton his ban hammer.

Lol. Thanks. Norton is evil in a good way and I thank him for that. Anyway, yeah. It's been a while. Life kicked me in the nuts. I think it has kicked all of us lately. So be it. But happy to be back among like minded people. *Group hug*

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I do keep my head on a swivel for the criminal element when leaving the range. The area had a few incidents where folks were followed after attending the range.

DD214, it is good to see you post. Hope life is a little less obnoxious in the future.

Stay safe folks.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Lol. Thanks. Norton is evil in a good way and I thank him for that.

Thanks, Sensei. You are the reason for the season around here. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

warmachine

... AS LONG AS THEY FEAR
    Jan 20, 2013
    FOB PUFFY
    I would worry more about bad people then the police. The only reason I would worry about the police is if you were doing something wrong. If you didn't do anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. However if I did see the police following me from the range I would be suspicious and worried but that is sort of a different story because I shoot in my back field and there is no speed limit until I cross the creek on the side by side and wife is the only one that tries to enforce speed limit anyway.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

Why would a LEO want to waste his time just to harass you? What is your deep dark secret?

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Lol. Thanks. Norton is evil in a good way and I thank him for that. Anyway, yeah. It's been a while. Life kicked me in the nuts. I think it has kicked all of us lately. So be it. But happy to be back among like minded people. *Group hug*

8f586dbcc7b7704e074bd9f49d4efc10.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I never worry about that stuff at my range , you need a gate pass to enter and everyone knows everyone else . Plus we have live in members that are care-takers .

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    When I see police reports of gun confiscations after traffic stops, it usually mentions something about 1/2 a pound of meth or a bag of pills.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Not worried about police, but cautious of the other shooters and folks you pass on the way to the main roads.

DD214, good to see you back after all this time.

Q

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    There are plenty of instances where folks leaving shops or a range are tailed by those wanting to do them harm and take their possessions. How about just be mindful of your surroundings and drop the bit about unlikely LEO harassment? It'd be more accurate

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    There was a big stir about someone getting carjacked leaving our range last summer, but I think that turned out to be nothing.

Range is in a crappy neighborhood, and getting followed from ranges isn't unheard of. So I just make sure I look in the rear view once in a while.

I'm 100% unconcerned about LEO on my way home. But then again, I'm a white guy who doesn't drive fast.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome back DD214.

OP, situational awareness is a thing. It is without regard to who you’re concerned with but what.

Sure, you’re a bit more vulnerable when you leave the range.

Crank up your SA. ...or don’t go.

Going through life scared ain’t a good thing. Going through life aware on the other hand takes some practice and can become second nature. It’s a practice worth picking up.

Stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom