• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    I enjoyed the show. A few different vendors, than I see in the MD shows. Also found it had some better pricing. I don't mind a few off "target" vendors, pickles, jerky, jewelry and wood carvings, not too many, but a few especially if they help the promoters keep the shows open.

Still didn't compare to Chantilly, looking forward to that in two weeks.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll show my age, and I went to some gun shows at tender age .

General purpose / general public gun shows have never been " pure " . ( Exhibitions in conjunction with specialized collector organization meetings are pure-er , but they are oriented more to the display of personal collections than commerce .)

Even back in the '60s , millitary surplus of all types , militaria , and knives were common , and expected .

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'll show my age, and I went to some gun shows at tender age .

General purpose / general public gun shows have never been " pure " . ( Exhibitions in conjunction with specialized collector organization meetings are pure-er , but they are oriented more to the display of personal collections than commerce .)

Even back in the '60s , millitary surplus of all types , militaria , and knives were common , and expected .

Militaria, knives, hunting gear and books etc make sense to me. It's all part of that shooting/outdoors type hobby

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Militaria, knives, hunting gear and books etc make sense to me. It's all part of that shooting/outdoors type hobby

I am surprised there isn't a more diverse mixture of items geared towards the people the gun shows draw.
    I am a huge fan of all types of firearms, ammo but I also would be interested in any type of bow/cross bow gear, tree stands. Loading supplies and equipment, hunting gear, camo, survival gear. etc

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hmm, sounds a lot like the BARC Hamfest. We had the full Timonium fairgrounds for the longest time. Then we backed out of the front building, and it went from there.

Mine was FARFest, great show until the fairgrounds screwed us the first year they started charging parking, decided to spring that on us 6 days before the hamfest. Then we did Bowie for a couple years and then Howard County for a couple of years and then tried to go back to Gaithersburg, but it never really recovered.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Was anyone else like me stupid enough like me to enter your name on those ipads when you went into the show thinking I was entering for a door prize?

Well, I Just got a call saying I won a $250 gift card, then they started to ask me questions like my spouses name, and if I had a master card. She did not ask the card number but when I asked why they needed to know my Spouse's name, she said that she was going to have to get on the phone so we could be given a trip to Williamburg.
    I ended it after that point right there.

Smells bad. Like when I was in Cancun in my 20's and I got a "free Lunch" at the hotel, only to be given a sales pitch on a timeshare.

WTF! Why is the show promoter allowing this?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I walked right on past them.

I swear I did not finish filling out the form, I guess they are more sly than I expected and just took any info you put in even if you did not finish. Now I think I"ll end up getting some more "your car warranty has expired" phone calls.

I'll take my lumps if it means making sure no one else falls for it by telling my tale of woe.

PlumberEd

MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2020
    Taneytown
    Gettysburg is a good show. A mix of vendors, militia, guns, magazines, ammo scalpers. I stopped at the iPads the 1st time now I walk right past them. Too many car warranty calls.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I am surprised there isn't a more diverse mixture of items geared towards the people the gun shows draw.
    I am a huge fan of all types of firearms, ammo but I also would be interested in any type of bow/cross bow gear, tree stands. Loading supplies and equipment, hunting gear, camo, survival gear. etc

Harrisburg has an "Outdoor Show" 1-2 X a year with all that stuff. Guns to African Safari tours are available

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom