• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I have the same optic on my sig. good choice in my opinion!
    I use mine for IDPA and it's been solid for the past few months or so I've had it. Not a long time, only 3-400 rounds though it, but it's only shot coming out of a holster and shot fast. So lots of fast recoil and jostling about while I run around the stage. Only problem I had was last weekend when somehow I accidental turned it off or dimmed the dot down to invisible and had to shoot an entire stage without sights (it's a race cut so I only have a red dot, I had the irons removed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    As a competition shooter who shoots red dots a lot plus iron sight guns on occasion its always better to see the target and bring the dot or sights up to where you are looking. This is the way the human brain is wired. We are sight dominant predators.

This post has me thinking, or rethinking, how I acquire my targets in my quest to get my shots off faster.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    To shoot a pistol dot best, you have to focus on target.
    Look at target then raise dot to match it. It takes some practice, but dry fire drills will help. I can now look at target, close my eyes, raise gun and open eyes. Dot will be on target every time.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    When it comes to competition speed shooting regardless of the firearm type (rifle or pistol) you still do the same thing, focus on the target. And it makes no difference whether you are drawing from a holster or starting from low ready. You look at the target and when the buzzer goes off you bring the sights to the target. From that point on the only real difference between a new shooter and Max Michel is the perception of speed. You can never do anything faster than what your brain can handle, speed wise. You have to speed up your brain so everything you perceive will be slower. That is the key to going fast at anything.

Smkinva

Apr 15, 2021
    I agree. I’m doing much better with the RDS when I remember to remain threat focused and just super impose the dot over it. Try not to look at the sights at all, look through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom