• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    My carrier, Lockton Affinity Outdoor Insurance, has informed me that the Maryland insurance commissioner will no longer allow them to sell instructor insurance in the state of Maryland.

I've contacted Outdoor Insurance Group and they told me several have been discontinued in the state but they will. Their website is:

https://oigcorp.com/firearms-instructor/application/

let me know if have any others that can insure.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have a friend that lives in Florida now (Recently moved from Md.) that sells insurance to shooting clubs and various gun related ventures . I forget the name of his company and not sure if he passed down the business to another family member but i will send him a text and ask if you like .

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I have a friend that lives in Florida now (Recently moved from Md.) that sells insurance to shooting clubs and various gun related ventures . I forget the name of his company and not sure if he passed down the business to another family member but i will send him a text and ask if you like .

Please do so. I am sure many of the instructors I work with would be interested in coverage if Lockton in fact is no longer an option.

TD

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Please do so. I am sure many of the instructors I work with would be interested in coverage if Lockton in fact is no longer an option.

TD

Problem with my guy is , he retired in Florida about 2 months ago , not sure if he has his office open for business here . I pass his office everyday .

He insures our gun club as well , i just don't know right now . I do have a message i sent him waiting for him to reach out to me .

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I received an email from Lockton yesterday saying they would still be insuring me as a Maryland firearms instructor and to renew my policy as usual. Not sure what you were told but it seems Lockton is saying they are still in business in Maryland.
    TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom