• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Looking for some recommendations for CCW training in North, & Upper Central MD. My wife and daughter both received their PA CCW's and would really like them to go to a good training class before actually carrying. I think better to hear from someone else then me; would probably sink in better.

Anyway, looking for a real good class, not Rambo training, but real down to earth sensible information that emphasis on restraint, legal, common sense, avoidance at all cost. Something that teaches it is the last thing you want to do, not the first. Any recs?

And to clarify, they are both very experienced shooters in safety and operation of firearms for range situations.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Go see Brian Fletcher at Freestate. He will do one on one if you like. I have done my renewal training with him several times. Very professional and knowledgeable guy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to clarify , are you looking for Shooting instruction , Threat Management instruction , or Both ?

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm assuming you must live in PA since they wont give a non resident license to someone without a home state license. I'm sure you don't need to be told that the PA license means nothing in MD.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I'm assuming you must live in PA since they wont give a non resident license to someone without a home state license. I'm sure you don't need to be told that the PA license means nothing in MD.
    In PA, I believe Freedom Armory in Glen Rock has CCW classes. Not verified BTW, might need to call them.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Go see Brian Fletcher at Freestate. He will do one on one if you like. I have done my renewal training with him several times. Very professional and knowledgeable guy.

I've taken a couple of classes with him before he was with Freestate. Great instructor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom