• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    I’ve decided that it’s time to get a gun safe. I want an actual safe, not a storage locker calling itself a safe. I want a pure mechanical system; no fancy biometric stuff or keypads to break.

I’ve been looking at Zanetti Armory, specifically their Z1, and they seems like exactly what I’m looking for. Key feature setting them apart for me is that they are modular/knockdown, so I can install it myself and relocate it easily down the road if I need to.

The idea of buying a $1600 safe sight unseen is stressing me out. Does anybody here own a Zanetti or have any firsthand experience with them they’d be willing to share?

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Yes. Just got one in a couple weeks ago. It was a pieces of cake to put together and i did it myself. It comes in three packaged pieces on the pallet. I dollied them in one at a time. The door is the hard part, if you have a helper it would be better, but was manageable using my foot to raise it. You'll want a belt or something to wrap around the locking bars for leverage like their video shows you. FYI. Shipping is separate and not part of your total. It was about $284 COD ($75 of it was for driveway delivery instead of going to the carrier facility). Check needed, no card, cash.

Are you going with the gun rods, or standard cutout. If standard cutout , you'll need something on the bottom to raise the shorter ARs. I have a cardboard box at the moment, eventually I'll build a wood box and carpet it to match. I was leery of the rods, others may have actual experienced opinions on using them. I was thinking of the normal velcro wear and tear against the carpet and eventually it becomes useless. If they just sit there never taken out, not much of a worry. The drop down drawer is a nice touch as well and uses the pins instead of drilling , etc.

Four holes pre-drilled in the bottom for drilling into the floor. Small hole in the lower back to run a dehumidifier cord. Without being drilled down, on carpeted basement floor, it was a bit wobbly and I was concerned with it falling over.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I’ve decided that it’s time to get a gun safe. I want an actual safe, not a storage locker calling itself a safe. I want a pure mechanical system; no fancy biometric stuff or keypads to break.

I’ve been looking at Zanetti Armory, specifically their Z1, and they seems like exactly what I’m looking for. Key feature setting them apart for me is that they are modular/knockdown, so I can install it myself and relocate it easily down the road if I need to.

The idea of buying a $1600 safe sight unseen is stressing me out. Does anybody here own a Zanetti or have any firsthand experience with them they’d be willing to share?

I've had a Zanotti, with the mechanical combination lock, for a couple years now, and have no issues with it. It was really handy to receive the safe disassembled and assemble it in place rather than trying to move a complete safe into the basement.

Mine is also anchored into the concrete floor. Just make sure the floor is completely flat under the safe before you bolt it down, or the door opening can warp enough that the edge of the door scrapes on opening or closing due to the tolerances built into the panel connections to ease assembly.

PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020

You assessment is right on. I have 2 friends that have Zanotti Armor safes and they both highly recommend them. They are modular so if you ever decide so move you won't need a rigger to move it. the most difficult part of assembly is hanging the door because of the weight.

The so called "safes" like Liberty, Remington, browning, etc are not safes at all. According to the insurance industry they are classified as "residential security cabinets" and nowhere near as robust as Zanotti. You will not be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom