Sun 9-3
    http://www.thegunshows.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I don't understand the draw to gun shows right now. Is it that people fear that guns and ammo will not be available in the near future? Or do they really just have a need to buy? I haven't heard of anyone getting a fair deal on guns and ammo at these shows. I know things are crazy and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel but if you put in some time you can do better buying at other places.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    I don't understand the draw to gun shows right now. Is it that people fear that guns and ammo will not be available in the near future? Or do they really just have a need to buy? I haven't heard of anyone getting a fair deal on guns and ammo at these shows. I know things are crazy and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel but if you put in some time you can do better buying at other places.

The draw for gun shows right now is the same as it always is. Some people like to socialize with like minded people. There are things other than just firearms at gun shows. Maybe what is a high price for one person is a bargain for someone else. In today’s environment, the adage of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. While one may find something listed cheaper online, is it really available? What if a shipper uses USPS? At least if one purchases something at a show, they get to take it home.

Then what of the shows. It has been posted on this forum many times that if people don’t support the gun shows, there won’t be any gun shows.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    I have gone to some of the recent shows (Howard and Frederick county fairgrounds), and I will say there hasn’t been much of what I am looking for at either. I thought the last Howard one was pretty much a waste. That being said I still bought ammo at the Frederick venue, and a new to me firearm at the Howard venue both from the same vendor, which is funny since I live like 2 miles from that particular vendor (thank you South Carroll Sporting Goods). I want to support local shows so that they will be here in the future, and I also go just to look around at what local stores are representing. To be honest I only go to the shows to look at C&R and milisurp firearms, I’m not interested in the vendors with AR builds/parts and vendors that have tables full of knives. I will say 75% of the fun is people watching.

funshowmd

Feb 4, 2021
    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to sell off a collection of reloading supplies at this gun show but don't have experience going to them.
    Are primers or gun powder(5 lbs or less) found at MD gun shows? Can't find any info on google if there are rules against this.

Thanks,
    Brian

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to sell off a collection of reloading supplies at this gun show but don't have experience going to them.
    Are primers or gun powder(5 lbs or less) found at MD gun shows? Can't find any info on google if there are rules against this.

Thanks,
    Brian

Call promoter and see if you can get a table. Ask them questions
    I have seen people selling reloading supplies in that building before
    May be late to get a table but they may not turn down $ even this late

funshowmd

Feb 4, 2021
    Call promoter and see if you can get a table. Ask them questions
    I have seen people selling reloading supplies in that building before
    May be late to get a table but they may not turn down $ even this late

I got myself a table but the person I reached out to didn't know the answer, she seemed like a middleman and not someone who was working at the show. Did you see primers/powder?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I got myself a table but the person I reached out to didn't know the answer, she seemed like a middleman and not someone who was working at the show. Did you see primers/powder?

Sure people buy and sell primers and powder at gun shows all the time. If yku have primers you will draw a crowd!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I"ve seen it all before, powder, primers reloading dies etc
    There is an FFL06 that regularly sells his reloads there.

funshowmd

Feb 4, 2021
    Sure people buy and sell primers and powder at gun shows all the time. If yku have primers you will draw a crowd!

It's gonna be an angry mob with the prices I plan on asking. I've been holding onto these for a while and just saw the prices recently.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    More like:

Attachments

• takemymoney.jpg
      takemymoney.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 418

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It's gonna be an angry mob with the prices I plan on asking. I've been holding onto these for a while and just saw the prices recently.

Just remember
    The guys that had the primers for $200 at the Gettysburg show have tables at every show and are looking for a stooge and are going to have it at multiple shows. If you drive home with inventory just working one show , you have priced it too high. Lot of attendees don’t believe in the economics of supply and demand and will be grumpy.

I was at the last show and some guy wanted the vendor to buy his gun for the price it would sell for. Vendor explained he had to make money on the deal or it did not make sense . It’s amazing how many people out there don’t understand business or basic economics. In the end if you release your inventory and sell out by the weekend, you have reduced demand. That can only help everyone. Be it just a little.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD

Same as it always is. See people you only see at shows, gawk at milsurps and NFA items. Buy yet another gun from Brian, proselytizing for the 2A.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Fair deal? Define that please. In a free market a fair deal is availability at the market price. In 2 months when the Dems start some serious gun/ammo legislation I suspect the fair market price may be significantly higher.

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    Here's a dumb question. I'll be coming to the show around noon tomorrow, never been to one, me and dad are just getting into building guns, and we'd be mostly looking for glock parts, not anything you'd normally need an FFL for, should I expect some good deals on those new/used parts or do prices go up? Even if they did go up I'm still willing to go support the show and I can call this a fun day out with dad lol.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Here's a dumb question. I'll be coming to the show around noon tomorrow, never been to one, me and dad are just getting into building guns, and we'd be mostly looking for glock parts, not anything you'd normally need an FFL for, should I expect some good deals on those new/used parts or do prices go up? Even if they did go up I'm still willing to go support the show and I can call this a fun day out with dad lol.

Last couple shows I went to, the Glock parts consisted of $200 poly frames and a few springs. Call it quality time with dad.
    Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom