• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    For years I thought this 870 Magnum I got from Lou was 20”, but it’s actually 18”. For some reason the bead sights makes it look longer to me.

Attachments

• F06213C3-2732-44D1-B418-7DE654907866.jpg
      F06213C3-2732-44D1-B418-7DE654907866.jpg
      72.3 KB · Views: 484

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    Just got mine...it’s a bit rougher looking than yours now I’m trying to find some different barrels but they don’t seem to be available. I got this as a do it all 2nd 12 gauge... home defense, goose and deer. Anyone know where I can get barrels? Remington preferred; looking for a 28” ribbed with removable choke and a rifled slug barrel with cantilever scope mount. Thanks

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Just got mine...it’s a bit rougher looking than yours now I’m trying to find some different barrels but they don’t seem to be available. I got this as a do it all 2nd 12 gauge... home defense, goose and deer. Anyone know where I can get barrels? Remington preferred; looking for a 28” ribbed with removable choke and a rifled slug barrel with cantilever scope mount. Thanks

My youngest son has a Remington rifled slug barrel w/ cantilever mount, that he's talked about selling.
    I don't know IF he's still wanting to sell it. It has a Nikon scope mounted on it, also.

When he returns from his over-the-road trip, I'll ask him IF he still wants to sell it.

EDIT: My son got home early this morning (2:15 am). He said he'd sell that Remington rifled slug barrel for $300.00.
    Scope and rings are not included.
    Winchester "Partition Gold" sabot slugs shoot incredibly well from this barrel.

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Alphabrew, I stopped following this thread because I didn't want to feel the need for a new shotgun. I'm sorry I changed that policy... Beautiful shotgun Sir.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Alphabrew, I stopped following this thread because I didn't want to feel the need for a new shotgun. I'm sorry I changed that policy... Beautiful shotgun Sir.

Thanks! I’m super happy with it, even for the price.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I noticed they raised the limit per day from 1 to 4. Hopefully they’ll drop the price a little soon.

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    I’d like to ditch the dented and scratched stock on this. I have some leftover bits from a 10/22 build that includes a folding attachment for an AR buffer tube... does anyone know if it’s legal in MD to put a folding stock on a shotgun?

Thanks!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’d like to ditch the dented and scratched stock on this. I have some leftover bits from a 10/22 build that includes a folding attachment for an AR buffer tube... does anyone know if it’s legal in MD to put a folding stock on a shotgun?

Thanks!

100% legal.

I’d get a Magpul SGA or a speedfeed though...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    So expensive

More expensive than they used to be, but I doubt you’ve seen police mags cheaper in the past year. I’ve hardly seen any 870s at all. I did see some $400 Wingmasters a few months ago and kind of regret not buying.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Rifled Sights....sweet! Now looking down the sights will be like the opening to James Bond movies.

SGTshy.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Now they’re on sale for $450. If you just ordered one I’d call them ASAP to adjust the price or just cancel and reorder

Attachments

• A904FCF2-EB52-4883-B305-8B206273E17F.jpg
      A904FCF2-EB52-4883-B305-8B206273E17F.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 192

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads