• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The MRPC/AGC chapter Scholastic Action Shooting Program (SASP) will be holding an open practice on Sunday, 3/21 in bays 5 and 6. If you have a kid who's interested in SASP, this is a perfect chance to give a stage or two a try themselves! (SASP is basically steel challenge for kids.) It's open to anyone from grades 1-12 who can safely shoot a rimfire rifle from the offhand/standing position (no bench shooting here!). You don't need to be an AGC range badge holder to participate.

If your child is interested, bring a 22LR rifle, ammo, and eye/ear protection. Rimfire rifles can be optics or irons; no pistols, please. Each stage is a minimum of 25 rounds (5 strings of five targets). Parents who want to give it a shot themselves can run a string or two to get a feel for it, but this is really an event for the kids.

The event will be running from 1-5PM, but realistically, there might be some setup and tear-down at the edges of that time frame. Safety is our biggest concern; the other SASP coaches and I will be there to ensure safety and help coach athlete performance.

Please post if you have questions.

Last edited:

KiloTango

Mar 11, 2021
    This is a great opportunity for junior shooters to watch and/or try using their 22LR rifle on a SASP competition stage. Many people discover that shooting "under the clock" with a shot timer feels very different than casual practice because it brings out the competitive mindset...and the fun that comes along with it. See you there!

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Cool. Didn’t even know this existed! I’m guessing it didn’t exist ~25 years ago when I was in 12th grade.

I haven’t introduced my nephews to firearms yet (pellet guns instead) but maybe we’ll check this out.

its this? https://mysasp.com

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yes, same thing. Try to come earlier than later, can't guarantee we'll be there all four hours.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom