• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Here's a press release from FOAC's Facepage on 3/17. Doesn't seem to mesh with what's in the ammoland article:

That statement (by VP Klint Macro) does not mesh with the recorded interview that his organization's President (Kim Stolfer) made. He called for a 'paper trail' on sales of 80% recievers.

A google search will show Stolfer and FOAC have done a lot for 2a rights in PA and stopped a lot of bad laws, but Stolfer got it wrong on this one and they need to own it instead of pointing fingers in every other direction.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Unfortunately, it probably won’t hurt attendance to the show. So silly.

Why unfortunately? It shouldn't hurt attendance. Eagle Arms was not the bad guy. They got caught in the middle of a bunch of people flinging poo and had to tiptoe through it. The politician's press release statement that Eagle Arms was banning JSD was a lie.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Why unfortunately? It shouldn't hurt attendance. Eagle Arms was not the bad guy. They got caught in the middle of a bunch of people flinging poo and had to tiptoe through it. The politician's press release statement that Eagle Arms was banning JSD was a lie.
    How were they lying? I talked to the guy myself, they were definitely banning them in the short term.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    How were they lying? I talked to the guy myself, they were definitely banning them in the short term.

How soon was it when you spoke to them? I think you posted pretty quick... like the day of or the day after the press conference. Maybe they were still in reaction mode. In any case Eagle Arms and JSD seem to be on the same page now.

'Lie' may have been the wrong word to use. They definitely overstated their side of the situation.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    How soon was it when you spoke to them? I think you posted pretty quick... like the day of or the day after the press conference. Maybe they were still in reaction mode. In any case Eagle Arms and JSD seem to be on the same page now.

'Lie' may have been the wrong word to use. They definitely overstated their side of the situation.
    Just now seeing your response. Yeah I called him up immediately after seeing the announcement - had to strike while the iron was hot. I think long term they're backing off but in the short term they've damaged the industry for sure.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Can someone TL;DR this? Not going through 24 pages of this and frankly just want to know if I can continue purchasing from JSD / Eagle Arms without feeling like I'm betraying true support for the 2A.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Can someone TL;DR this? Not going through 24 pages of this and frankly just want to know if I can continue purchasing from JSD / Eagle Arms without feeling like I'm betraying true support for the 2A.

- Cops bust people who were surveilled at show buying Glock 80% kits and later completing them and selling them on the streets of Philly

- Local politician and AG have press conference and announce Eagle Arms has banned sale of them at their shows (per multiple articles, witnesses state Eagle Arms was threatened into doing so)

- FOAC makes fool of themselves first saying in various forms that 80% kits should be banned or registered because the wrong kind of people are buying them, then claim that isn't what they said

- Eagle says they are not banning the sale and are talking with JSD

- Eagle and JSD reach agreement that does NOT include banning the sale or registration of the kits at point of sale (see below), JSD agrees to have people sign a paper without PII or showing ID

Details in the article:

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/jsd-supply-returns-to-gun-shows-sell-80-ghost-guns/#ixzz6pxunIsca
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Under the new agreement, JSD Supply will be allowed to sell unfinished frames and kits at all Eagle Arms shows in the Key Stone State. JSD Supply agreed to have the buyers sign a form stating that they are over 18, not a felon, and will not bring the kits back to anywhere that unfinished frames are illegal.

The sheet is half a page long and will list similar terms and conditions that Polymer80 lists on their website. The customer will not have to present an ID or give personal information. There is not a requirement for JSD Supply to keep the records.

JSD Supply has a history of refusing to turn over customer information to the state. The Attorney General did request JSD Supply to turn over some customer records to him. The company declined to comply with the request without a subpoena. Inside sources say this enraged the AG and is one reason there was a move to push Eagle Arms to ban the company.

Even shorter version : cops did their job, people who shouldn't have guns got caught and got charged, politicians tried to blame things instead of people and used the situation for grabbing media attention, things that are not firearms can still be bought by people who are not criminals.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    XD

Thanks all. Good to know they stood their ground as they should. May buy a few extra things from JSD today just to show some support.

rainman73guns

Dec 18, 2008
    Last time I went to York gun show, the seller of the P80 Glock was making big money. There were people buying the kits in 10sets at a time. I felt they were from Baltimore and maybe they were “not allowed to own firearms “. But that’s just me.
    There’s even a guy posting in Armlist that sells P80 kits that delivers in Baltimore. I bought one from him and when he opened his trunk, there were more than 20 kits ready to be delivered around Baltimore.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If the damn gov would lock up the damn criminals for even 80% of the time called for by the charges, no one would have to worry about 80% this or 80% that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom