• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Its hard to believe that this time last year everyone was bickering about why and how the AGC would be closed. Looking back, Things certainly have progressed very nicely since then.

April Match Registrations are now open

Falling Steel Match - Saturday, April 3rd

https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-4-3-21/register

Please open the attached addendum and pay especially close attention to section 2 which refers to the handling of firearms (specifically non holstered firearms)

3 Gun Match - Saturday, April, 10th (Now Offering a FUN Division including .22lr and PCCs)

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-4-10-21/register

Please open the attached and read the Three Gun Fun Division and other Rifle Variants link below. It defines the new division as well as talks about other types of High Powered Rifles we allow.

We do have the 200 yard range in April. That said, your longest shot will be about 215 yards (100 yards for .22lr and PCC). There may be optional Shotgun Slug Targets (bonus/not required). If you choose, bring up to 4 slugs.

IDPA Match - Saturday, April 17th (ALSO FEATURING A .22LR DIVISION)

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-saturday-april-17th-allowing-22lr-semi-auto/register

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

Falling Steel - 7:00 am on Match Day - Please arrive early to help out.

3 Gun / IDPA - We typically set up these matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo restrictions:
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal -

5.7 x 28 is specifically prohibited

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

Click Here to View the 2021 Action Shooting Schedule

Thursday Night Action Shooting 2021 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month beginning when daylight allows. Times will be from 5:30 pm till 8:00 pm. (When daylight is available).

Weekend Match Schedules

Falling Steel - Typically be held on the first weekend of the month (alternating Saturdays/Sundays)

3 Gun – Typically held on the second weekend of the month on Saturday or Sunday

IDPA – Matches are held on the 3rd Weekend of each month

Send any questions or inquires to

action@agcrange.org

Attachments

• Three Gun Fun Division and Other Rifle Variants.pdf
      99 KB · Views: 123
    • Mid Atltantic Multi Gun - AGC Falling Steel Addendum.pdf
      89 KB · Views: 115

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Kewl Kids (wife changed the spelling) squad is now full.
    Are Marc P. and Mark L. on MDS? Ryan O'Hare is travelling from out of state. He shot AGC Steel once (with me and The Russians) once and really enjoyed it. He swears he will not be taking the "Dead Last" trophy this time.

I know Mark L is on here, he’s S&WDDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legit question for the Match Director and RO's...
    I might be shooting my new (to me) Hi Power clone. When given the "Load and make ready" command, should I exaggerate/be very clear to the RO that I am cocked and locked before holstering? I'm not a 1911 guy, so cocked and locked is a foreign concept to me. I promise I'll be safe, but want to know if demonstrating the "locked" part is important to the RO prior to holstering.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I might be shooting my new (to me) Hi Power clone. When given the "Load and make ready" command, should I exaggerate/be very clear to the RO that I am cocked and locked before holstering? I'm not a 1911 guy, so cocked and locked is a foreign concept to me. I promise I'll be safe, but want to know if demonstrating the "locked" part is important to the RO prior to holstering.

With the understanding that I'm just a simple cave man and no RO, I will say that I always holster cocked and locked, and that while I don't put on a theatrical display of engaging that safety, I make sure the RO has line of sight to the fact I'm doing it, and they usually glance at the process from inserting the mag through holstering.

I err on the site of slowing down that process more than needed so it's clear I'm being methodical and thinking about what I'm doing. That process is off the clock, so being plainly deliberate is just good form. It may help that I've got an ambi safety, and even out of the corner of their eye, they can spot the slide's right-hand red safety status dot disappear as I engage the safety. I make sure I tilt the pistol slightly so that side of the slide is angled for easy viewing by the RO (who is pretty much always at my right shoulder).

The post-shoot showing clear before re-holstering always seems to get more focused scrutiny. That part's always safety OFF, hammer down.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville

I recommend rolling the gun, ever so slightly, and flipping the safety. This allows full visibility to the RO with little effort. All the RO's should know "any gun with an external safety should be engaged".

The real key is keeping that finger out of the trigger guard during the entire "load and make ready" and during holstering.

With the understanding that I'm just a simple cave man and no RO, I will say that I always holster cocked and locked, and that while I don't put on a theatrical display of engaging that safety, I make sure the RO has line of sight to the fact I'm doing it, and they usually glance at the process from inserting the mag through holstering.

I err on the site of slowing down that process more than needed so it's clear I'm being methodical and thinking about what I'm doing. That process is off the clock, so being plainly deliberate is just good form. It may help that I've got an ambi safety, and even out of the corner of their eye, they can spot the slide's right-hand red safety status dot disappear as I engage the safety. I make sure I tilt the pistol slightly so that side of the slide is angled for easy viewing by the RO (who is pretty much always at my right shoulder).

The post-shoot showing clear before re-holstering always seems to get more focused scrutiny. That part's always safety OFF, hammer down.

I recommend rolling the gun, ever so slightly, and flipping the safety. This allows full visibility to the RO with little effort. All the RO's should know "any gun with an external safety should be engaged".

The real key is keeping that finger out of the trigger guard during the entire "load and make ready" and during holstering.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if etiquette should involve something as blatant as rolling the pistol and engaging the safety with my weak hand (exaggerated engagement) before holstering. Your answers cleared things up.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

No need to announce or demonstrate anything. If you have a mechanical safety, then it needs to be engaged. That it is all.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Outstanding! The Squad Four family is getting a new addition. :party29:

Well, the ammo crisis might very well be the end of your the squad 4 lovefest. As it stands today, we only have 48 guns registered (out of 84). Squad 4 is full and we have other squads with only one person one them. As much as we hate to do it, squad 4 might very well have to be broken up and distributed elsewhere.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Well, the ammo crisis might very well be the end of your the squad 4 lovefest. As it stands today, we only have 48 guns registered (out of 84). Squad 4 is full and we have other squads with only one person one them. As much as we hate to do it, squad 4 might very well have to be broken up and distributed elsewhere.

I can’t believe President Megarms is separating our family at the border!

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I’m sensing competing fair(er)-weather pursuits might be slowing down the rush to register.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I can’t believe President Megarms is separating our family at the border!

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I’m sensing competing fair(er)-weather pursuits might be slowing down the rush to register.

Nah. Its the ammo!!! Under normal circumstances, we would have a waiting list within the first 48 hours.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    Are Marc P. and Mark L. on MDS? Ryan O'Hare is travelling from out of state. He shot AGC Steel once (with me and The Russians) once and really enjoyed it. He swears he will not be taking the "Dead Last" trophy this time.

Hey squaregrouper, this is Mark L, and as rbird has attested, I'm here ;).

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County

No need to announce or demonstrate anything. If you have a mechanical safety, then it needs to be engaged. That it is all.

So, squaregrouper must have been reading my mind...I just got a Shadow 2 and without a decocker, I was wondering what condition to start in. I was under the impression that "production" was to start in DA, ie I'd need to lower the hammer with one of the various techniques out there. Am I to judge by Mega's comment that you'd rather we started cocked and locked, than to have to put a finger on the trigger to lower the hammer?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, squaregrouper must have been reading my mind...I just got a Shadow 2 and without a decocker, I was wondering what condition to start in. I was under the impression that "production" was to start in DA, ie I'd need to lower the hammer with one of the various techniques out there. Am I to judge by Mega's comment that you'd rather we started cocked and locked, than to have to put a finger on the trigger to lower the hammer?

I shoot a no-decocker Shadow 2 at just that event, every time. It goes in the holster cocked and locked, shot in SA mode. Rule is if it HAS a decocker, you gotta use it. No decocker, treat it like a 1911.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom