• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    I shoot a no-decocker Shadow 2 at just that event, every time. It goes in the holster cocked and locked, shot in SA mode. Rule is if it HAS a decocker, you gotta use it. No decocker, treat it like a 1911.
    Great, thanks! Makes it simple! Well, sounds simple but I clearly will need to start practicing the safety release on the draw during dry fire since I'm used to a striker fired pistol.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Great, thanks! Makes it simple! Well, sounds simple but I clearly will need to start practicing the safety release on the draw during dry fire since I'm used to a striker fired pistol.

Practice? PRACTICE?

Me practicing: show up at the match. The first two stages are practice for the other four.

At least, that's how it's been going for the last year or so!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Well, the ammo crisis might very well be the end of your the squad 4 lovefest. As it stands today, we only have 48 guns registered (out of 84). Squad 4 is full and we have other squads with only one person one them. As much as we hate to do it, squad 4 might very well have to be broken up and distributed elsewhere.

WHAT? Nooooo! lol

Well, the ammo crisis might very well be the end of your the squad 4 lovefest. As it stands today, we only have 48 guns registered (out of 84). Squad 4 is full and we have other squads with only one person one them. As much as we hate to do it, squad 4 might very well have to be broken up and distributed elsewhere.

We picked up five more slots since this morning.
    The Kewl Kids on Squad 4 ain't goin nowhere!!!

Practice? PRACTICE?

Me practicing: show up at the match. The first two stages are practice for the other four.

At least, that's how it's been going for the last year or so!

Occam got it right. Falling Steel IS practice.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I can’t believe President Megarms is separating our family at the border!

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I’m sensing competing fair(er)-weather pursuits might be slowing down the rush to register.

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that Easter is the next day?

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    This is my first AGC match this season. I read the addendum and it raised two questions, sorry if they're stupid, but I noticed them by reading the rules...:
    1.) Sounds like I can shoot a braced pistol in PCC and be good to go?
    2.) We used to start falling steel with the first mag being 10 rounds, then loaded up after that; is that still a thing, or is it load it up now?
    Thanks for the help.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is my first AGC match this season. I read the addendum and it raised two questions, sorry if they're stupid, but I noticed them by reading the rules...:
    2.) We used to start falling steel with the first mag being 10 rounds, then loaded up after that; is that still a thing, or is it load it up now?
    Thanks for the help.

At the risk of responding on behalf of Them What Run Things ... yes, braced pistol-class thingies have been allowed as PCCs, and dang aren't they fun.

And: yeah, for a few matches now, everybody starts with a ten round mag, and can then top off with whatever they've got. BUT! Does not apply to rimfire (in pistol or carbine) and does not apply to PCCs - which is why you see most people in that class shooting with 30(+, sometimes) round mags.

Miguel

Oct 29, 2020
    does anyone know if i could show up to this to watch or do i need to be a member to even get in?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks for the help.

At the risk of responding on behalf of Them What Run Things ... yes, braced pistol-class thingies have been allowed as PCCs, and dang aren't they fun.

And: yeah, for a few matches now, everybody starts with a ten round mag, and can then top off with whatever they've got. BUT! Does not apply to rimfire (in pistol or carbine) and does not apply to PCCs - which is why you see most people in that class shooting with 30(+, sometimes) round mags.

1. Braced Pistols are not specifically prohibited in the PCC or Rimfire Rifle. That said, you may choose to use one in those divisions.

2. The following applies to all divisions. There is no limit to the magazine length or initial loaded capacity unless specified in the stage briefing.

For the past six months or so, we have limited your first pistol mag to be loaded to a max of 10 rounds. This does not apply to PCC or rimfire rifle.
    This of course is subject to change from match to match or stage to stage.

My wife's cousin is bailing on The Kewl Kids because he has to work in Dirty Jersey Friday afternoon/evening. He won't take his full capacity X5 Legion mags into the state and come straight here from Jersey. Going from working in Jersey to his PA mountain house to my place would be a 7hr drive without traffic.
    For some reason, he thinks entering a shooting competition on 3hrs of sleep is a bad idea.:innocent0

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    My wife's cousin is bailing on The Kewl Kids because he has to work in Dirty Jersey Friday afternoon/evening. He won't take his full capacity X5 Legion mags into the state and come straight here from Jersey. Going from working in Jersey to his PA mountain house to my place would be a 7hr drive without traffic.
    For some reason, he thinks entering a shooting competition on 3hrs of sleep is a bad idea.:innocent0

What if we squad him with someone else who shoots an x5? It is one of the most popular guns at these matches.

What if we squad him with someone else who shoots an x5? It is one of the most popular guns at these matches.

I just replied to a PM offering to loan the mags and replied with a "thanks but no thanks".
    I just texted Ryan to see if that will sway him. He seemed really pissed when we spoke a few hours ago.
    (He was stoked and swore he wasn't going to come in dead last this time)

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I have to bail for tomorrow too. My wife is due with our second child any day now and I no longer have child care assistance for Saturday. I don’t want to leave her home to watch our son by herself.

I’ll be ready for the May match, as long as it’s not scheduled for Mother’s Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom