Any interest in older car/truck brochures?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Long story short, I had a special-needs brother who collected a lot of brochures for cars, trucks, school buses, and fire engines. He passed away last September and I've been trying to help my Mom clean it all out.

Most of the newer stuff has already been tossed, so this would be mostly pre-2000 stuff.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've got an original shop manual for a Mercedes 300SL. I'll give it away free to anyone who owns one, but you'll have to take me for a ride first.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Would you be willing to roll the dice on shipping for a medium Priority Mail box full of vintage brochures? I'm getting down to the part where all thats left is the old stuff

(by vintage, I mean 1980 and older)

You should be able to ship them media mail, books ok, magazines bad but what they are is in the eye of the beholder. The only 80 I would want would be a Corvette. Anything else would be 60's or early 70's muscle.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I've been into late 60s/early 70s mopars for 30+ yrs. Have a Hellcat Challenger and 71 Barracuda not. Had a 70 Challenger I foolishly sold. Looking hard for a 71-72 Charger RT or Rallye. Or RoadRunner/GTX/Satellite/Sebring. I'm interested if you have anything in that genre. I'm collecting, not selling. Half of the stuff I'm seeking I used to own and gave away. I do that with car parts too. Will pick up/pay freight/help sell stuff you want to sell/etc.

I found a "Mopar Muscle" book among all the stuff, will bundle it with the brochrues.

What I would like to do is basically bundle EVERY Mopar brochure I find prior to 1980 into one unit, along with the book. Not sure if you guys appreciate the later Smog Era stuff, but its an interesting snapshot into Pre-Iacocca Chrysler Cor

Book is "Mighty Mopars 1960-1974" by Anthony Young. ISBN 0-87938-124-8 (Motorbooks International) published in 1983.

Just so I am abundantly clear: I have BROCHURES and BROCHURES only. No parts, no accessories, no promotional items, just BROCHURES.

If you can give me a cutoff year I can work backwards. Was surprised to find a 1982 Dodge Challenger (aka Mitsubishi Galant Lambda) and first-year Dodge Caravan brochures. Pretty sure I saw Diplomat and Mirada brochures as well. My guess is that these all came from the old Orbit Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth in Accokeek. Unless my special-Needs Brother bought stuff on eBay later, my guess is they will date from the early 1970s and forward. That said, there are still a lot of older brochures I need to cull through.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I’m am sorry to hear about your loss.

My wife has a ‘66 GTO and I have a ‘73 Challenger (with a 440 out of a ‘70 Roadrunner in it) so, if you have any ‘65-‘66 Pontiac or ‘70 (Roadrunner) to ‘73 (Challenger) BROCHURES I’d be interested.

My best wishes to you, your Mom and entire family ...

ETA: going back and reading some of this thread thus far, Slowhand is obviously in line in front of - and at present obviously more into this than - me.

Best o’ Success to all y’all!

Attachments

• 12F79B68-08B2-4F51-BD0A-DBF5BEC7918B.jpeg
      12F79B68-08B2-4F51-BD0A-DBF5BEC7918B.jpeg
      99.1 KB · Views: 94
    • 7C2F1B39-6558-40F8-909F-441A2EFF43BE.jpg
      7C2F1B39-6558-40F8-909F-441A2EFF43BE.jpg
      41 KB · Views: 86
    As a matter of fact, I *did* see a very nice 1965 Pontiac Brochure in there. Pretty sure it was squarebound and had the entire line in it, will confirm when I visit my Mom for Easter.

Not sure how early the Mopar stuff goes. That will be my priority.

Thanks for the kind words. The bedroom was chock-a-block with things and we still have half a bookshelf to go on the brochures. I'm trying to sort out the later ones with value (for example, all the pickups and performance cars) and tossing the rest, while keeping everything pre-1996 for later sorting. Five 96-gallon trash cans worth have gone out already

His shed is still quite full of stuff in varying conditions, some things I think I can flip or at least donate at the Huntsville Bargain Barn if I can ever get down there. Mostly its sheetmetal signs, a few plastic Coca-Cola signs, and liquor store promotional doo-dads. There are some books but condition is unknown right now, the shed was not climate-controlled and its near a lot of moisture so not holding out hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom