Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 26th, 2021, 12:49 PM #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigoes View Post
That would be the spark that ignites the powder keg.

If the 2/3rds requirement laid out in the constitution is over ruled by a silly Senate say so, then this country is done. The constitution will mean nothing, and the oaths sworn to uphold it are worthless.
I think that’s where we’re headed. I also don’t think there is a powder keg. When they come for our guns, there will be a lot of small individual firecrackers scattered around (which will only justify their actions in their view) but it will probably go down just like in Australia. We’ve become too comfortable with our good lives and will not risk anything unless it comes to our door and directly threatens home and family.
Work hard, shoot straight, play fair, fight dirty
DanGuy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:05 AM #102

Who cares it'll be in the courts till the cows come home.
Samlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:08 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaron View Post
https://www.newswars.com/breaking-ni...-or-concealed/

In an appalling lack of knowledge on Constitution 9th Circus violates 2nd amendment....

God Help Us.
Self Preservation using => force than can be brought against you is a human birthright. In the U.S. it's protected by, not created by the Second Amendment. Every word of Gun Control without exception be it SCOTUS opinion, federal, state, local or other municipality legislation or other prohibition is Unconstitutional.

All humans have a fundamental right to not be legislated, disarmed, defenseless victims. Imagine IF our framers had to ask permission from the same tyrannical government that we sent our declaration of independence to before we bought firearms. Imagine if they knew what type, location, and who the owner of every firearm was. We'd still be under a monarchy if that was the case.

American individuals have the protected right to maintain an effective means to remove & replace a tyrannical government, without permission from said government federal, state or otherwise it's a fundamental tenet of freedom.

Vote Freedom First, Say No To Tyranny By Gun Control, Demand the Restoration of the Unabridged Second Amendment.

Just because federal, state, local & other government entities have grown accustomed to passing Unconstitional Laws & Acts, does not somehow make them Constitutional even if SCOTUS upholds them all or in part. The Dred Scott case is one of many examples where SCOTUS 1st held something as Constitutional then years later reversed itself.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:12 AM #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGuy48 View Post
I think that’s where we’re headed. I also don’t think there is a powder keg. When they come for our guns, there will be a lot of small individual firecrackers scattered around (which will only justify their actions in their view) but it will probably go down just like in Australia. We’ve become too comfortable with our good lives and will not risk anything unless it comes to our door and directly threatens home and family.
100%.
Fox123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:20 AM #105
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGuy48 View Post
I think a lot of American tick a little differently than the Aussies. We believe it is our God-Given right to own arms. We fought and beat the tyrants. They have always lived under the crown.

Though I think in a few generations things will be different in the US.
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:34 AM #106
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

I think it will be the dissolution of the union. I don’t think there will be a war, but the US as we have known it to be will cease. I don’t know which side will carry the name forward. It seems like things are always actually divided 33-33-33 between the sides. 33% want to be free, 33% want to be coddled and protected at the expense of freedom and 33% are undecided or don’t care.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:49 AM #107

Beyond infuriating! The language in the constitution is plain for a reason. Right to "Bear" means carry!
LeeM88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 11:58 AM #108
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM88 View Post
Beyond infuriating! The language in the constitution is plain for a reason. Right to "Bear" means carry!
LEFTY JUDGES: "Sure, but we believe the Founders meant that you only had the right to carry single-shot muskets, and even then, only inside your own house, unless safety concerns mean that might make other people feel uncomfortable. And even that is just quaint old-timey stuff that doesn't apply any more. Next case!"
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 12:06 PM #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
I think a lot of American tick a little differently than the Aussies. We believe it is our God-Given right to own arms. We fought and beat the tyrants. They have always lived under the crown.

Though I think in a few generations things will be different in the US.
I obviously don't post much on this forum, as seen by my post count. I, like many others, prefer to stay low, out of radar range. But make no mistake, as Teratos says, this is not Australia. If the day comes that patriots must stand firm against tyranny, I promise that there are millions like me, who nobody ever hears from, that will stand with free men. I served my country many years ago, and the oath I took to the COTUS still stands. I will never comply.
Molon Labe
woobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2021, 12:12 PM #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigoes View Post

If the 2/3rds requirement laid out in the constitution is over ruled by a silly Senate say so, then this country is done. The constitution will mean nothing, and the oaths sworn to uphold it are worthless.
The cloture requirement isn't constitutionally based, though. It's a creation of Senate rules, which are adopted by a majority vote.
blipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues