• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Saw this the other day and showed it to a few ladies I know that carry. They said it was useful so I’m posting. Plus men sit down too. :innocent0

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not only do I teach it, I make anyone using the restroom take a blue training gun with them and bring it back for any restroom visits. Having a plan and practice means you will know what to do.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    When I'm done destroying someone else's bathroom and am self conscious about the smell I used to light a match. What I've found is that if you don't have a match, letting off a round into the floor works just as well. I call it a "stall pop."

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Find a holster that you can use all day, in every situation, and leave your pistol in it. If there ever comes a time that you have to take your pistol out of your holster while seated on a toilet, I recommend that you lay the pistol in your under-drawers. Never, never, never ever put your pistol anywhere that will allow you to pull your pants up and leave the stall without it being painfully obvious.

Too many firearms have been left on the back of toilets in public restrooms.

Practice at home. Don't pull it out in public unless it is an emergency. No one needs to see your business.

Be safe.

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Sure, she records herself in the bathroom using a holster, and she's an instructor, but when I record her in the bathroom, I'm a pervert ! :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    IWB, take holster out and put it in your pants. This is reason enough having clips for your holster and not those fully enclosed loop/clips that the belt actually passes through.

OWB, use whichever stall where the wall is on your carry side. That way the neighbor cannot access it for some reason. It's ok laying on that floor side. No one bends over as low and as close as her camera was outside the door for her trying to make a point.

Setting your pistol on a FLAT top TP dispenser is fine. Don't try to balance it on those round-ish type ones. Then set your cell phone on top of the pistol. You won't forget those.
    Be mindful of those TP dispensers that are attached to the divider wall between stalls. Someone slamming the stall door next to you might rattle it off.

Big boy(and girl) rules here. You should know to be slow and deliberate taking your pistol out of it's holster.

I know some people who have a counting system each and every time. Maybe like 1. right hand on right pocket checking for keys,knife,etc... 2. Left hand checking for whatever you carry in your left pant pocket 3. Left side hip and 4. right side hip. However you can make a reminder system.

YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom