https://www.eagleshows.com/event/morgantown-3-day/

Promoter's home page:
    http://www.eagleshows.com/

coupon.png

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Any gun show is work checking out - is this one worth driving 90+ minutes one way for?

I've been to it twice and described it in detail in several threads about it.

Not being snarky, I just don't want to rewrite 4 or 5 paragraphs when they're already there and pretty easy to find.

Its two hours for me each way and I thought it was worth it. I went back and I'm planning to go again.

wingsfan

Feb 11, 2017
    Ceciltucky
    I went today. Easy to get in and move around. High prices, especially ammo, but stuff is available. Picked up some mags and cleaning supplies. I would go back again.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Just left this show. Was planning to go Saturday, but didn't make it.

Long drive, but by far the best show I've been to in more than a year. Have not seen this much of everything available since the last Chantilly show I went to in early 2020, pre wuflu.

Prices on ammo were much better than two recent Maryland shows I went to. There was the occasional random guy with stacks of well worn boxes that seemed to contain gold (I guess people making a buck off their personal stashes), but there were a lot more with prices that at least didn't make me laugh out loud when I saw them.

I saw a Colt HBAR for $1299. Pre-covid they could be had for just under 1K, but the same rifle was marked $2500 at Frederick just 2 weeks ago. I saw several Sub2ks for ~$500. The only vendor that had those at Frederick was selling them for ~$750 something.

I saw many other vendors with rifles marked MD legal, just under $1k each. I don't remember all the makes, but the ones on one table were Vigilant Tactical, $949. I could see they were HBARs, did not look for a stamp. No idea if that company has a decent rep or not.

All the usual Gettysburg vendors were there, like Dennis Todd, Mag-Man, GG Arms, etc, plus a whole lot more. Easily double the size of Gettysburg, even though it is listed as only 250 more tables. I don't know if they're counting all the ones that overflow into the hall outside the two main rooms.

Only one fudge and one jerky seller that I saw. :rolleyes:. About 6-8 vendors assembling ARs to order. A lot of ammo and handguns available too. Unfortunately no one present to transfer, so you'd have to ship. Many of them have probably worked with SCSG for transfers at York and Gettysburg (I know at least 2 that have), so it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

Long drive, but by far the best show I've been to in more than a year. Have not seen this much of everything available since the last Chantilly show I went to in early 2020, pre wuflu.

Prices on ammo were much better than two recent Maryland shows I went to. There was the occasional random guy with stacks of well worn boxes that seemed to contain gold (I guess people making a buck off their personal stashes), but there were a lot more with prices that at least didn't make me laugh out loud when I saw them.

I saw a Colt HBAR for $1299. Pre-covid they could be had for just under 1K, but the same rifle was marked $2500 at Frederick just 2 weeks ago. I saw several Sub2ks for ~$500. The only vendor that had those at Frederick was selling them for ~$750 something.

I saw many other vendors with rifles marked MD legal, just under $1k each. I don't remember all the makes, but the ones on one table were Vigilant Tactical, $949. I could see they were HBARs, did not look for a stamp. No idea if that company has a decent rep or not.

All the usual Gettysburg vendors were there, like Dennis Todd, Mag-Man, GG Arms, etc, plus a whole lot more. Easily double the size of Gettysburg, even though it is listed as only 250 more tables. I don't know if they're counting all the ones that overflow into the hall outside the two main rooms.

Only one fudge and one jerky seller that I saw. :rolleyes:. About 6-8 vendors assembling ARs to order. A lot of ammo and handguns available too. Unfortunately no one present to transfer, so you'd have to ship. Many of them have probably worked with SCSG for transfers at York and Gettysburg (I know at least 2 that have), so it shouldn't be too difficult to arrange.

Bullfrog, thanks for the AAR. I had every intention of going to this show, but life intervened. Now, I'm kicking myself. Lesson learned. I'll be on the lookout of the next show.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I live in Germantown so I have never been there. Sounds like a great show. I will try for the next one. Unless road trip :P

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Bullfrog, thanks for the AAR. I had every intention of going to this show, but life intervened. Now, I'm kicking myself. Lesson learned. I'll be on the lookout of the next show.

No problem.

I should mention there were plenty of hunting rifles and shotguns, tactical shotguns, and milsurp stuff, I left all of that out.

In fact, as I walked in I saw 3 different guys with old milsurp rifles in their hands on the way out. One of them had 3 rifles wrapped in bubble wrap and then zip tied together and was carrying them all over his shoulder.... so there was clearly some stuff there that was worth buying.

Kmic14

Slimy Member
    Apr 17, 2020
    Baltimore City

Thanks for the rundown. it sounds like it's getting better with the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom