Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 17th, 2021, 08:35 PM #131

“Mark Pennak: “Remembering Jeff 2013 - 2021”

“For those who don’t me know me, I am Mark Pennak; I am the President of Maryland Shall Issue, and a friend of Jeff and Kevin.

There is no shortage of irony about the spot where Jeff and Kevin were arrested.

Behind me, there’s a statue of Thurgood Marshall on Lawyers Mall. Thurgood Marshall was a First Amendment advocate, supreme.

He litigated, and brought to fruition, [the case of] Brown versus the Board. He became a Solicitor General of the United States. He became an associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

He, of all people, would’ve been ashamed at what happened here, on these bricks, that night.

So when I heard about what happened up here, and MDS is invaluable, I watched the video. I spoke to Jeff. I spoke to Kevin. And I said: this is beyond outrageous.

Now, I love the Constitution, and for those who don’t know me: I am a lawyer too.

So we acted. We acted by bringing in Cary Hansel, [standing] right here. We had that [Federal civil rights] lawsuit filed in Federal District Court in a week.

Because you cannot stand silently when Constitutional rights are abused in the manner they were abused that night, and abused they were.

And we are going to make the charge stick, and we are going to administer a little education to the powers that be, that what they did that night can never be repeated. And I noticed that they are very respectful tonight, and that is as it should be.

I would just like to speak a quick word about Jeff as a person: the man’s courageous.

Thurgood Marshall stood in the street: he was courageous. Jeff was courageous, Kevin was courageous; all you guys that were here that night showed courage.

It’s easy to stand on the sidelines, and not want to get arrested, but they showed the courage of their convictions. And I can count on fingers of one hand the people I know who have done that.

They showed the real courage of their convictions, and stood to take their arrest. Good for him.

So, I am a great admirer of what he did, and it doesn’t matter whether you agree with his tactics, or what he said, you’ve got to admire his courage. That’s where I stand.

I don’t have any more to say, but I want to introduce Cary Hansel.

Cary Hansel is the lawyer handling this in Federal District Court, and he has done a fantastic job of taking it to the defendants.

They didn’t know what hit ‘em - - until Cary hit ‘em.”

Mark introduces Cary Hansel.
Attached Images

Deep Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2021, 09:55 PM #132

Great tribute. Thank you all the hard work on behalf of us long distance supporters, following 2a issues in Maryland and nationally. Thanks Jeff.
delaware_export is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2021, 12:42 AM #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware_export View Post
Great tribute. Thank you all the hard work on behalf of us long distance supporters, following 2a issues in Maryland and nationally. Thanks Jeff.
Thank you; my family, and especially Jeff’s daughter, have been amazed at how many people knew Jeff and were grateful for his life, and how far his messages traveled.
Old May 23rd, 2021, 12:51 AM #134

Cary Hansel: “Remembering Jeff and Litigating the Hulbert/MSI Lawsuit, 2018 - 2021

“My name is Cary Hansel, it is a pleasure to see everyone here tonight.

I am a civil rights lawyer and I am also “ATTYSHOOTER” to a lot of you on the website we all frequent.

I think we are going to play an audio first and then I’ll have a few more words.”

[The audio recorded in the Patriot Picket arrest video was played at the service, to hear Jeff’s voice again on that sidewalk, declaring our Constitutional right to be there.]

Attached Images

Last edited by Deep Lurker; May 23rd, 2021 at 02:02 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2021, 12:55 AM #135

Cary Hansel Remembrance

“I want to say it has been a great honor to have known Jeff the last three years and to have worked for Kevin and him, and to see the two of them stand up for all of our rights.

Everybody here - - as a citizen and as an American - - is protected by our Constitution, but it’s just a piece of paper.

It’s just a piece of paper, without people like Jeff to stand up for each and every one of us, and make a difference, to be that man in the arena as somebody else said earlier, to make sure that all our rights are protected.

Because without people like him, to put themselves on the line - - he did not know that night, from what you just heard, what he was going to face, he didn’t know what would happen when he disappeared into a police car - - this is a man who is offering himself for you, to literally be shackled and hauled away to he knew not what, to protect every single person standing here tonight, on the very ground you’re standing on, and to protect your right to stand here.

And all of us owes him a great debt for that service to us, to our Country and to the Constitutional principles that he stood here to protect.

One of the things he [Jeff] said in his deposition [in response to the question] “Well, what are you out there doing? What are you walking around with signs for?”

And he said: “We are demonstrating for Constitutional principles.”

And they said: “Why didn’t you just get out of the way - - when the State ordered you out of the way?”

And he said: “Because we believe the public sidewalk belongs to the public.”

And nothing honors his memory more than your occupation tonight at that very space, that public sidewalk that belongs to each and every one of you as a member of the public.

So I want to say to you, for him: “Thank you.”

The man I came to know over the last three years, and I saw weather attacks in his deposition, the man I saw fight cancer, the man I saw who deeply loved his brother and his family, would be very proud of each and every one of you tonight for being here.

He would just be honored to know that this is the spot that you chose: your public sidewalk, to honor him and the fight that he was engaged in.

And Mark [Pennak] is exactly right, we will see [the lawsuit] through and when we do, whatever victory we have - - and we will have it - - will stand as a monument to him and to all of the people who came before him, whether there are monuments built, or monuments yet to be built, who stood up for the principles of our Constitution.

And that includes everybody standing here tonight, so thank you all on behalf of him, it’s a great honor to share this space with you, and also we all know we are sharing it with Jeff tonight.

So thank you very much, I understand there is a song coming up.”
Attached Images

Old May 23rd, 2021, 01:03 AM #136

Song for Jeff: “Well Done”

I continued: “We are going to attempt to play a song I played for Jeff in his final hours.

This is a song that he loved, it’s a song that they played in his church, and I think it’s a song that speaks to Jeff, and what he stood for, and more importantly it stood for the way I felt about him, and the way my family felt about him.”

“I played this song for him at three in the morning.

He couldn’t speak, but when he heard it, a tear formed in the corner of his eye and it rolled down his cheek.

He knew.

He knew we cared about him, and he died at seven in the morning, but he never complained, and he was brave, and I loved him, and I’m going to miss him.

I’m going to need all of you to kind of fill in, to help, because we want to keep doing what he was doing.

And I’m sorry he’s gone, and I’m glad you’re here, and I want to thank you for being here.”
Attached Images

Last edited by Deep Lurker; May 23rd, 2021 at 03:02 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2021, 01:31 AM #137

ShafTed: Remembering Jeff and Standing Strong

ShafTed from Maryland Shooters concluded Jeff’s memorial service with these words:

“I just want to remind everybody that tonight is but one of an ongoing series of events here in Annapolis.

As long as there are legislators who want to infringe on our Rights, the spirit of Jeff - - and all his Patriot brothers and sisters - - will live on, and stand strong!”
Old May 23rd, 2021, 01:35 AM #138

Our Memorial March Begins

“I’m looking forward to our march because he [Jeff] would love what we are about to do: we are going to bring his spirit around these buildings, around both of them, the Statehouse and the Governor’s Mansion, we are going to do a figure-eight pattern, the symbol for eternity.

So the plan is, if you want to carry your candles, please do; if you would like to go across the street and [to pick out] a sign, a flag or a banner [to carry], select any one you’d like.

MigraineMan is going to lead the procession, hopefully we can go directly up Lawyers Mall and start a counter-clockwise circuit around the Statehouse.

Then we go clockwise around the [Governors] Mansion and we will end up right back here at the crosswalk, and you can continue back to the bus shelter to drop off the signs, flags and banners.

Swinokur from Maryland Shooters will be there; we have some Patriot Picket emblems and logos to pass out to anyone who would like a gift tonight from Jeff to take home with you.”

The transcriptions of all of the remembrances shared at this memorial service were taken from the livestream video recorded and posted on the Facebook page of “The Patriot Picket”:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...omposer=false]
Attached Images

Old May 23rd, 2021, 06:37 AM #139
Deplorable Welder

Deplorable Welder

The song is amazing and brought tears to my wife's eyes as well as mine . RIP Jeff you done good
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2021, 01:38 PM #140
Never sell your sword

Never sell your sword

As I read through this, I see history no less important than in the original founding of this country, inspiring words, inspiring people. I am so thankful I found MDS.

Bro, is that a 3D printed machine gun sear?

All men are ordinary until they choose not to be.
MRH is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
annapolis, jeff hulbert, memorial, patriot picket, rack&roll