• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    - Couldn't make it this time around, did anyone go and how was it? Only ask as it was such a honey hole for me in the past This time the auction house didn't put up a list of what was being sold beforehand so a big mystery unless you attended.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Don't know. The sad part is that I scored some great stuff the last time I was able to attend. But this time they advertised that there were nearly 300 gun lots but never posted a list and only posted a half dozen photos. A great way to ensure the turnout is weak on a holiday that makes it difficult to fill seats anyway. Not how I would have done it.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've noticed a whole lot of people posting about these events after the fact but not before.

Because auctions are competitive in nature, the less competition you face the better your odds at successful bidding. So nobody looking to attend wants to tell the collecting world beforehand. If you've hung out at Gun Boards you know about the no list rule on active auctions. Done for the same reason.

Kmic14

Slimy Member
    Apr 17, 2020
    Baltimore City
    Because auctions are competitive in nature, the less competition you face the better your odds at successful bidding. So nobody looking to attend wants to tell the collecting world beforehand. If you've hung out at Gun Boards you know about the no list rule on active auctions. Done for the same reason.

yup you got me there but it's not just auctions, plenty of gun shows too.

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County

Certainly makes sense. That how I do it with coin and currency auctions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom