• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    I got the Arsenal SAM7SF AK-47 a couple of weeks ago. Its a forged then milled receiver. I am trying to find a replacement pistol grip for it. I already tried the Magpul AK grip with no luck. I have a dual safety selector, and it looks like if I wanted to use one like the Magpul AK grip, I would have to shave the left side down. Any choices?

Also I am looking for a qaud rail to replace the upper and lower front covers, any ideas?

Finally, would any tritium night sights for the AK-47 work on this rifle?

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    I have zero knowledge on AK parts. AR not a problem. I want my AK to be similar like my ARs and having the quad rail helps for weapon lights, forward grip, etc.

What are ronins or ironwood?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    AK's are meant to have iron sights and wood furniture. Just sayin........

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    Does anyone have a link or know of wood furniture that is compatible with the milled Arsenal AKs? I have a SAM7R-61 which is the same as the OP but with a fixed stock.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Does anyone have a link or know of wood furniture that is compatible with the milled Arsenal AKs? I have a SAM7R-61 which is the same as the OP but with a fixed stock.

I just ordered a set of wood furniture from Iron Wood Designs for my SAM7R-61. They make a furniture set specifically for Bulgarian milled 2-tang receivers. They even finish the wood in an authentic russian shellac for an extra $50 if you want. Bad news is they just stopped taking orders in order to catch up with their backorders. They posted that theyll start taking orders again in about 2 weeks.

As far as US made AK furniture. There is no one better than Iron Wood Designs.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I have zero knowledge on AK parts. AR not a problem. I want my AK to be similar like my ARs and having the quad rail helps for weapon lights, forward grip, etc.

What are ronins or ironwood?

www.roninsgrips.com

www.ironwooddesigns.com

both came up by googling "ronins ak-47" and "ironwood ak-47", just FYSA. ;)

i've dealt extensively with both companies and there's not enough nice things in the english language to say. i'd have to actually transition to german or the bit of arabic i've picked up (although i don't know that asking to ride someone's camel is exactly praise, it surely can't be an insult right?).

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I just ordered a set of wood furniture from Iron Wood Designs for my SAM7R-61. They make a furniture set specifically for Bulgarian milled 2-tang receivers. They even finish the wood in an authentic russian shellac for an extra $50 if you want. Bad news is they just stopped taking orders in order to catch up with their backorders. They posted that theyll start taking orders again in about 2 weeks.

As far as US made AK furniture. There is no one better than Iron Wood Designs.

Might have to check that out. I have been thinking about getting a wood set for my SLR-101s.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Do you know which grips from Ronin's would work on my SAM7SF?? I am totally new to the AK game lol

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Might have to check that out. I have been thinking about getting a wood set for my SLR-101s.

If you wanna take a look at my set after it shows up (maybe 3 weeks?) I can bring my AK up to 2A. Just let me know.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    AK = AK as far as grips go.

Handguards and buttstocks may differ, but grips = grips.

His SAM7SF has ambi safety controls. So it would make a difference as far as grips go. It would need to have the cutout for the left side thumb lever.

OP,
    Havent seen any other options other than the one it comes with. But, keep looking. You might get lucky.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I would say US PALM. Feels like the TangoDown BG-17 I have on my SBR AR. But I know you have that safety lever.... I'd have to look at it but you may have to install a standard AK lever to change grips, or remove the lever that protrudes downwards.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    AK's are meant to have iron sights and wood furniture. Just sayin........

Wood is just what they were originally made with. Russia stopped using wood back in the early 80's. They switched to polymer because it made the rifle lighter and the polymer could withstand a harsher climate while being impervious to moisture. The Russians also started manufacturing receivers with sight rails so their soldiers could use optics on their AK's.

By that theory, no weapon system should be improved upon. AR-15's shouldn't have flat top upper receivers, free float rails or adjustable stocks.

Check out the US Palm grips. They seem to be pretty popular in the AK community.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I would say US PALM.

After the way they behaved on the ak forum and arfcom when originally announcing their (horrendously overpriced) ak magazines, I'll counter that with "don't ever give them any of your money for any reason". :)

(short version: someone very politely and professionally asked if their mags had steel reinforcement a la bulgarian waffles (which were FAR less than the $50 each they originally wanted, although this wasn't mentioned in any of his posts). they refused to even acknowledge the question, much less answer it, so that person bought one. and promptly destroyed it by cutting it open to see what was what. he then posted his findings openly and without bias, and they went APESHIT trying to get him banned for "trash talking" their "superior product". **** 'em.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom