• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Wood is just what they were originally made with. Russia stopped using wood back in the early 80's. They switched to polymer because it made the rifle lighter and the polymer could withstand a harsher climate while being impervious to moisture. The Russians also started manufacturing receivers with sight rails so their soldiers could use optics on their AK's.

By that theory, no weapon system should be improved upon. AR-15's shouldn't have flat top upper receivers, free float rails or adjustable stocks.
    Its a personal opinion, not a theory or fact. Its just my opinion that AK's look better in their original form. No need to get all upset about it, lol. Geez, people are so sensitive. And thanks for the history lesson on AK's. You taught me exactly nothing I didnt already know.

Since for some reason you feel I need your approval on how I setup MY guns. MY AR's are outfitted with bells and whistles within reason. Is that ok with you?

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    After the way they behaved on the ak forum and arfcom when originally announcing their (horrendously overpriced) ak magazines, I'll counter that with "don't ever give them any of your money for any reason". :)

(short version: someone very politely and professionally asked if their mags had steel reinforcement a la bulgarian waffles (which were FAR less than the $50 each they originally wanted, although this wasn't mentioned in any of his posts). they refused to even acknowledge the question, much less answer it, so that person bought one. and promptly destroyed it by cutting it open to see what was what. he then posted his findings openly and without bias, and they went APESHIT trying to get him banned for "trash talking" their "superior product". **** 'em.)

I saw a video with the owner or ceo or pres. Something like that he seemed like a cocky douche I decided to look up their product and everything seemed over priced so I just never bothered with them.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    After the way they behaved on the ak forum and arfcom when originally announcing their (horrendously overpriced) ak magazines, I'll counter that with "don't ever give them any of your money for any reason". :)

(short version: someone very politely and professionally asked if their mags had steel reinforcement a la bulgarian waffles (which were FAR less than the $50 each they originally wanted, although this wasn't mentioned in any of his posts). they refused to even acknowledge the question, much less answer it, so that person bought one. and promptly destroyed it by cutting it open to see what was what. he then posted his findings openly and without bias, and they went APESHIT trying to get him banned for "trash talking" their "superior product". **** 'em.)

I didn't know about that, I have a 5.56x45mm Arsenal and ONLY use Bulgarian Circle 10 mags, never messed with US PALM. However their grip took my rifle from being borderline awkward to manipulate to an extension of my arm.

Mark LaRue is a cocky ******* too, but his company makes the best QD mounts for optics... just sayin'. ;)

Good to know their mags suck, so when I get my own SAM7SF I will avoid them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    he actually never even named them specifically. there were plenty of clues, but if someone wasn't aware of the company and what they offered, it would have been "new US-made magazine vs. polymer military surplus". but of course they jumped all over his shit almost IMMEDIATELY and really let their true colors shine through. :\

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    ive always liked the standard ak grip the best personally...people complain about it being "thin", imho, thats for the best, allows a strong full hand wrap grip, and isint bulky and awkward when wearing gloves.

im having grip issues right now myself though... cant figure out which i like best, grip 23 or bcm gunfighter...both feel awesome

edit: thinking about it, the bcm grip would be really nice on a ak

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Cool, it will be a valuable gun someday. All the Arsenal stuff gets expensive fast once they close production.

I know the Bulgarian SLR10X series is gone, not sure whether the SAM's are not being phased out.

I ended up using my funds on a SLR106CR with muzzle attachment just because i have a good selection of 7.62x39 AK's already to play with. Though I would have taken an SLR107 at a decent price in a heartbeat!

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Lets stay on topic please.

Therefore there are no real AK grips made for the left side cutout for my Arsenal SAM7SF? Any good rail options out there???

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's

Therefore there are no real AK grips made for the left side cutout for my Arsenal SAM7SF? Any good rail options out there???

it's a brand new design. just like there aren't a whole shitload of aftermarket parts for the C7 corvette. if you wanted to buy a tacticool AK, why not just buy a Krebs? same ridiculous price as the arsenal, and probably a better all-around rifle to boot.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD

No and odds are there never will be. It will never be like your ar15. The left side selector is backwards anyway, I would just ditch it

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    No and odds are there never will be. It will never be like your ar15. The left side selector is backwards anyway, I would just ditch it

I like the left side selector. I think the ergonomics of the ak series of rifles are horrible, and the selector is a valiant effort at improving them. Anyway, it works for me. But I wouldn't mind finding a grip that's a bit larger and actually has some decent GRIP to it. Worst case scenario I'll just make one.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I like the left side selector. I think the ergonomics of the ak series of rifles are horrible, and the selector is a valiant effort at improving them. Anyway, it works for me. But I wouldn't mind finding a grip that's a bit larger and actually has some decent GRIP to it. Worst case scenario I'll just make one.

For 1400 they could have copied the Galil selector circa 1972, its a simple cam system. So much for the 'valiant effort'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom