• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Does any IP's have these in stock??? I would really love to have one and I believe they are still legal in MD to purchase. I saw the P556 on the MD roster list as well. Anyone have any insight?

nwgd4i.jpg

2zq7k2c.jpg

Info from the Sig's website:

P556® SWAT features a 10” button rifled barrel, chambered in 5.56mm NATO, with a twist rate of 1 in 7”. The flash suppressor uses a standard .5 x 28 TPI thread pattern, ensuring compatibility with after-market accessories. The optional flip up front combat sight is adjustable for windage, rear for elevation. The receiver is made of high strength steel with a durable wear-resistant Nitron® finish. The Picatinny rail features a SIG SAUER® Mini Red Dot sight that works in concert with the optional hooded front sight. The trigger housing is machined from an aircraft grade aluminum alloy forging with a hard-coat anodized finish designed to survive extreme conditions. The P556 SWAT features a aircraft aluminum quad-rail designed for mounting accessories. The P556 SWAT comes equipped with a smooth two-stage trigger, ambidextrous safety and is designed to accept standard AR magazines.

Includes the NEW SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace
    The SB15 dramatically improves the single-handed performance of buffer tube equipped pistols.

Features
    • Fits all pistols equipped with an AR-style buffer tube 1.0" - 1.2" in diameter.
    • ATF compliant
    • Veteran designed
    • Made in USA
    • Quick and easy to install

* ATF has reviewed this product and determined that attaching the SB15 to a firearm does not alter the classification of the firearm or subject the firearm to NFA control.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    I want the exact one I posted with the quad rail and so does my buddy. Pm'ed an IP, waiting to hear back!

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    I highly doubt it but it would make a great pdw that you don't need to do the nfa paperwork and can pick it up like any other reg firearm 8 days later!!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Free State had one with the classic handguards and the brace a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it's still there or not.

Martinb

Aug 1, 2013
    Frederick, Western MD
    I got mine from Atlantic firearms back in September and yes it was the swat version. You may want to check them out. There website shows its in Stock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Send Atlantic an email. They're good about getting back to you. I think they get them in on a regular basis. A friend of mine just ordered one from 2A so you can check with them as well. Eat your Wheaties, its a heavy pistol - brace or no brace.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Exactly without the paper work. And you can shoot it any way you want even using the stock. Just don't change the stock or add a foreword grip

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I really like the idea of using the sling when shooting it without the arm brace.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I really like the idea of using the sling when shooting it without the arm brace.

I haven't watched the video, but that was one of the methods that used to be taught for shooting subguns like the MP5K with a sling. I know the SAS used to teach that.

Basically you push forward agains the sling to create the forward tension that helps you absorb the recoil. This is similar to what you're doing when you use a "push - pull" grip on a pistol - pushing forward with your strong hand while pulling back with your support hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom