• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    So I just finished my first AR 15 pistol build, 8.5" 300 Blkout. I want to shoot subsonic and have plenty of powder and primer but can't find any 200+ grain bullets anywhere. I realize there is a pandemic going on and the riots didn't help either but nobody has anything in stock.

Does anybody's crystal ball have any idea when stock will return? I really don't want to wait until my can arrives.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    American Reloading has 220 grn SMk. Theyre pulled bullets but it the past when ive ordered SMKs theyve looked nearly perfect. Fathersday sale going on now so use code "freedomseeds" for 25% off. Better hurry, only one lot of 250 left.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Glad to help. Im just getting into 300 blkout myself. Putting together my lower right now so it'll be all done tonight. Still need to get some dies. I want to make some brass but not ready to throw down the dough for a forming die. Hope i can get by on lee dies but i hear mixed reports.

Glad to help. Im just getting into 300 blkout myself. Putting together my lower right now so it'll be all done tonight. Still need to get some dies. I want to make some brass but not ready to throw down the dough for a forming die. Hope i can get by on lee dies but i hear mixed reports.

Lee dies are great. It is the rest of their stuff people have issues with. FWIW- I'm a Lee fanboy.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Lee dies are great. It is the rest of their stuff people have issues with. FWIW- I'm a Lee fanboy.
    Ive been using Lee Dies and presses for years. Some stuff just seems to take a little more tinkering to keep running but for the price it cant be beat. What i was referring to was using 300 blkout dies to convert 556 brass. In lees defense, they say those dies are designed for reloading not forming. I heard for forming you should have a slightly undersized die to compensate for brass spring back. Then again alot of people still use them successfully.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    American Reloading has 220 grn SMk. Theyre pulled bullets but it the past when ive ordered SMKs theyve looked nearly perfect. Fathersday sale going on now so use code "freedomseeds" for 25% off. Better hurry, only one lot of 250 left.

Gone :(

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Check out the Berrys bullets 300 Blackout bullets. I had bought a sample from Berrys awhile back to experiment with some subsonic 308. My groups were not as good as with SMK bullets but at a fraction of the price, I could live with it. I did buy some more at the Gettysburg Gun Show this past weekend. Hoping to try these out some more.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So I just finished my first AR 15 pistol build, 8.5" 300 Blkout. I want to shoot subsonic and have plenty of powder and primer but can't find any 200+ grain bullets anywhere. I realize there is a pandemic going on and the riots didn't help either but nobody has anything in stock.

Does anybody's crystal ball have any idea when stock will return? I really don't want to wait until my can arrives.

Gallant is oos?
    I just bought 200 pcs of 208 hornady ELD-X from Naches. Midway has them too.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Cast and powder coat your own.

Attachments

• BCA03672-D9EC-42BB-B1B9-592E13EC3097.jpg
      BCA03672-D9EC-42BB-B1B9-592E13EC3097.jpg
      111.1 KB · Views: 289

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    I took this pandemic opportunity to learn this reloading hobby. Ive been looking for maybe a month now for .308 125 or 110 grain bullets. I had/have an order with OpticsPlanet for a bulk buy but they rescheduled the shipping date. Luckily, I ordered a bulk buy of my other rifle caliber. I just reached out to Speer to see if I can order direct. I’m waiting on a response now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom