• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    If everybody doesn't comply what are they going to do. Lock up millions of gun owners. I say screw them like they screw us. Sorry got a little pissed. :sad20: Put nothing is going to change until the morons are voted out. They will continue to make up bill after bill after bill. Costing tons for time (which they love to waste anyway) and dough (other peoples) until their voted out.. Period. PA Fitz. I'm not a good writer but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the names.

nope, but they will take away what you have, make sure you can't get more, and make you a federal felon which seriously decreases employment options.

They want you disarmed, and dependant on the government for survival.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I guess I hadn't looked closely enough at the law, looks like it does away with an FFL-03 if it actually were signed in to law. All of the language is a licensed importer, dealer or manufacturer. The only slight "loop hole" is the language that an FFL would then transfer the firearm as if from their inventory.

So in theory I guess an FFL-03 could still receive a C&R from another FFL as per today. However, they could not from another FFL-03 or from joe rando. Still don't think it has any chance in the senate.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    "The legislative graveyard is over," Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told reporters Thursday in the Capitol. "H.R.8 will be on the floor of the Senate, and we will see where everybody stands."
    He did not say when the upper chamber would take up the bill. But Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), another prominent gun reformer, said he expects it to happen "soon."
    "We're having hearings in the Judiciary Committee at some point in a matter of weeks," he said. "And then it will be some time, my guess is, after that."
    The proposal, which would expand background checks on gun sales, passed through the House on Thursday, shortly after the senators' comments. But it is unlikely to win enough support from Senate Republicans to overcome a GOP filibuster.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/542757-schumer-vows-quick-senate-action-on-house-gun-reforms

*eyeroll*

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I could easily see them using this bill to do away with the filibuster if Republicans try to block it. Universal Background checks poll pretty well, and they could get rid of it over this, instead of something really controversial.

Republicans are going to have to consider their moves carefully.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Impossible!!! I’ve been told almost all Americans support this common sense measure.

Maybe you're listening to Hillary! :lol2::lol2::innocent0

Obama’s CDC conducted a gun control study in 2013, finding that “Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million…”

https://redstate.com/elizabeth-vaug...e-will-surprise-you-and-stun-liberals-n124268

Last edited:

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    House passed this today 227 to 203. Looks like 7 defectors.

One Democrat voted against this, so 8 Republicans voted for it:

Buchanan
    Fitzpatrick
    Garbarino
    Gimenez
    Kinzinger
    Salazar
    Smith (NJ)
    Upton

The Democrat who voted against it was:
    Golden

Democrats Golden and Kind also voted against HR 1446, while Republicans Fitzpatrik and Smith (NJ) voted for it and Republican Balderson didn't vote on it.

It might be a good time to remind some of these RINOs that it is legal to make out-of-state contributions to primary challengers in every state except Alaska and Hawaii.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If everybody doesn't comply what are they going to do. Lock up millions of gun owners. I say screw them like they screw us. Sorry got a little pissed. :sad20: Put nothing is going to change until the morons are voted out. They will continue to make up bill after bill after bill. Costing tons for time (which they love to waste anyway) and dough (other peoples) until their voted out.. Period. PA Fitz. I'm not a good writer but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the names.

They aren't going to be voted out. So what is your back up plan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom