Baltimore Will No Longer Prosecute ‘Low Level Crimes’ Like Prostitution, Trespassing,

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    We should all go tresspass on msobys property and piss.

Vagabond, trespassing, pubic deification. Might as well set up shop on her front lawn and camp there every weekend. Maybe practice the trumpet you have never played?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    So do the police no longer arrest or go to those calls any more? Will the crime stats go down since no prosecution of the crimes or go up if they are not "crimes" any more since no prosecution?

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well it looks like Balto city is now in the deep hole underground where all the human wast products go. Of course crime is down because its no longer seen above ground but its underground, out of sight , out of mind. You can not make new rules because there is only 1 major rule to begin with and that rule is, no new rules allowed down in the underground where anything and everything is allowed now. you want to carry concealed now? check, you want to take a dump in the middle of the street? check, you want to bang the local ho? check. yep it has officially gone down that deep hole in the ground....

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    *Shrug* Baltimore wants to be a petri dish for human experimentation, let them.

The difference between Amsterdam and the US is culture. What works in one nation, doesn't work in another. Ideas don't necessarily scale up successfully. I'd say that they'll learn the lesson but they won't. 40+ years of solid Democrat rule hasn't taught Baltimore anything. If Thanos snapped every conservative out of existence (obscure Avengers reference), Democrats would still be blaming Republicans for Democrat policy failures 100 years later.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I freely admit that I'm somewhat surprised that legalized prostitution hasn't caught on in more states. Of all the vice crimes that will eventually be legal, this seems the easiest to safely regulate.

stricer555

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Jessup
    I freely admit that I'm somewhat surprised that legalized prostitution hasn't caught on in more states. Of all the vice crimes that will eventually be legal, this seems the easiest to safely regulate.

Ask any woman about legalized prostitution and they have an almost visceral reaction, they don't want to lose their one bargaining chip.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ask any woman about legalized prostitution and they have an almost visceral reaction, they don't want to lose their one bargaining chip.

*****Women have more than one bargaining chip!!! I saw a woman today at the gym with two very very nice bargaining chips! I'm thinking she has zero problems competing against hookers, strippers, inflate a mates, etc...

You run what you brung as they say in street racing!!! :thumbsup:

stricer555

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Jessup
    *****Women have more than one bargaining chip!!! I saw a woman today at the gym with two very very nice bargaining chips! I'm thinking she has zero problems competing against hookers, strippers, inflate a mates, etc...

You run what you brung as they say in street racing!!! :thumbsup:

Would you rather rent that Ferrari for a couple hours and have your fun or own it and have to deal with the maintenance costs? :D

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    They need to release a list of permissable crimes. It could be like The Purge, just less harmful. You could park illegally to get it out of your system.

Never-ever park on the street in Baltimore if you have a nice truck. There is a gone in 60 seconds racket where they get towed by a seemingly legitimate company and put right on container ships to south america or africa where there is a very high demand for those vehicles.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    The only positive spin I can think of to put on this, thinking from a devil's advocate perspective and I in no way support this crap, is that maybe now offenders will stand trial for the actual crimes they committed. With fewer "lesser charges" on the books to plea down to there might be fewer bargains on the table.

Then I remember it's Baltimore and whatever the worst possible outcome could be is always what we get.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The only positive spin I can think of to put on this, thinking from a devil's advocate perspective and I in no way support this crap, is that maybe now offenders will stand trial for the actual crimes they committed. With fewer "lesser charges" on the books to plea down to there might be fewer bargains on the table.

Come in man.... That's just naive.

Then I remember it's Baltimore and whatever the worst possible outcome could be is always what we get.
    Oh right... Yup you got it.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Would you rather rent that Ferrari for a couple hours and have your fun or own it and have to deal with the maintenance costs? :D

If I could get the Ferrari to begin with then I think I'd be willing to keep up with the maintenance. Don't think it's something I will have to worry about though:lol2:

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I thought hit me. Prior to teh election there were several kids rescued and several peopel arrested in connection to possible sex trafficking. One would think that at least some of the trafficked kids would be pushed into prostitution. So youre no longer arresting prostitutes; guess that may cut down on finding trafficked kids? In fact might push the demand for more kids.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Nope. It's just a ploy to reduce prosecutorial costs and free up Moseby's time to better obscure and obstruct the Federal investigation. Also to lighten the case load in the courts (recall that they just recently reopened and have a year+ backlog to get through).

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    If a crime is prosecuted but results in either no penalty or meaningless sentences, does it matter whether the crime is prosecuted?

Which prostitute stopped turning tricks because she was picked up for soliciting?
    What is the current fine, and how much is actually collected by the city for UIP?
    How long ago did Baltimore de-criminalize use and possession of minor amounts of pot?

I was only surprised that Mosby's office bothered to issue a press release. Maybe she wanted something else to talk about besides the DOJ investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom