• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    BTW, this has no grandfather clause. Mandatory confiscation of the silencers, with a buyback program.

https://www.menendez.senate.gov/new...un-safety-legislation-to-outlaw-gun-silencers

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.-12) today reintroduced the Help Empower Americans to Respond (HEAR) Act, federal gun safety legislation to ban the importation, sale, manufacturing, transfer and possession of gun silencers or suppressors.

Text of the bill:
    https://www.menendez.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/hear_act.pdf

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This makes sense given the tremendous increase in suppressors used in crimes.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I hand-crafted my favorite suppressor on a Form 1. I value it at one MEEEEELLION dollars. No, one BEEEEEELLION dollars. And I'd want my $200 stamp fee back, too, PLUS the gas money for driving to GymRatz on that other suppressor ... PLUS the pain and suffering costs of reading the "Trouble Getting Hold Of GymRatz" thread, which I value at TEN BEEEEEELLION dollars. Does the bill address these important and reasonable concerns? No? Then f-'em, not playing along. Oh, and if this is being proposed on "public safety" grounds, I'd sure like to see even a whiff of the nonsense they're pretending to base that on.

All of that aside: if I have to die at the hands of a crazed mass shooter in the grocery store, wouldn't it be nicer to die without that painful ringing in my ears? Where's the compassion, you lefty fvckers?

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    What circle jerk group sessions do they sit in on when coming up with names for their BS ?

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I hand-crafted my favorite suppressor on a Form 1. I value it at one MEEEEELLION dollars. No, one BEEEEEELLION dollars. And I'd want my $200 stamp fee back, too, PLUS the gas money for driving to GymRatz on that other suppressor ... PLUS the pain and suffering costs of reading the "Trouble Getting Hold Of GymRatz" thread, which I value at TEN BEEEEEELLION dollars. Does the bill address these important and reasonable concerns? No? Then f-'em, not playing along. Oh, and if this is being proposed on "public safety" grounds, I'd sure like to see even a whiff of the nonsense they're pretending to base that on.

All of that aside: if I have to die at the hands of a crazed mass shooter in the grocery store, wouldn't it be nicer to die without that painful ringing in my ears? Where's the compassion, you lefty fvckers?

This is probably my favorite post I have ever seen on here.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    This makes sense given the tremendous increase in suppressors used in crimes.

Until this past year I never would have considered this...but I'd not be surprised if we had a mass shooting in the near future with a suppressor prominently used. Won't make a damn bit of difference to the body count, but it'll be a talking point.

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    It’s always something with these people. A pistol brace makes you a more accurate shooter, suppressors hide the warnings for unknowing victims. How about don’t infringe on our constitutional rights, which gives us the God given right to protect ourselves and our families. Now I want one even more! If I could find what I want in stock I’d order it today. Buy back my a**!!!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So here's a fun one. Here's a quote from the article:

https://freebeacon.com/issues/atf-d...n-silencers-united-states-rarely-used-crimes/

As of 02-03-2017, there are 1,297,670 suppressors registered with ATF under the National Firearms Act," Justice Department spokesman Dillon McConnell told the Free Beacon.

That number is an increase of nearly 400,000 registered silencers since the same time last year, when ATF records indicated there were 902,805 silencers in the country.

The ATF confirmed that silencers are rarely used in crimes despite their explosion in popularity. The agency has only recommended prosecutions for 44 silencer-related crimes per year over the past decade. That means roughly .003 percent of silencers are used in crimes each year. Of those 44 crimes per year, only 6 involved defendants with prior felony convictions.
    (Edit: These numbers are from 2017 - I can only imagine the number of suppressors that have been introduced to the American public since then.)
    It's so statistically irrelevant, I'm blown away by the audacity that they'd spend taxpayer money wasting time on it, except that they currently have the power, and they're going to wield it to do just as much damage as they can while they can.

There will come a point where the American People will no longer stand for it. This is the exact reason the 2nd Amendment was codified in the Bill of Rights in the first place. Whatever power the liberals in this country believe they hold, if push comes to shove, they'll find out that they are not the ones with the real power.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    I for one support reasonable gun legislation like in other advanced western countries in Europe... where silencers are sold over the counter.

4rcefedmkiv

Aug 6, 2010
    Arnold, MD
    Until this past year I never would have considered this...but I'd not be surprised if we had a mass shooting in the near future with a suppressor prominently used. Won't make a damn bit of difference to the body count, but it'll be a talking point.

This. It's an amazing coincidence right after the nonsense with braces happened recently, one was use in a shooting.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It's okay. After this, hopefully they'll be happy.

According to at least one member here.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thinking the plumbing section of home depot is going to busy if they ever push a buyback for any significant cash

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Why can you buy suppressors in Europe like they are candy (exaggeration) because people don’t want to hear people shooting, yet here you want to hear the gun shots?

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    So all of the law abiding citizens who bought registered suppressors legally are going to have their property confiscated when they have done nothing wrong and at the same time these politicians tell us we are conspiracy theorists when we state that they will be coming for semi auto rifles once they are registered. FU, you know where I live. Come and take them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom