• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    https://posts.gle/HkBHx

Saw this recently and sent an email to the mall asking if people with permits are allowed to carry while at the mall. Here is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting us ahead of time in regards to your question!

Regardless of what state the permit is from, NO weapons are allowed at the Columbia Mall premises.

We sincerely appreciate you being a responsible gun owner and that you checked with us before your trip the our mall!

Have a wonderful day!

I then replied that I, as a responsible gun owner, am not the one the mall needs to be concerned about.

Never liked that place anyway.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Can't remember the last time I stepped into a mall. Everything I want is available online, Costco, or Lowes.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I think most of the malls are in a race............to the bottom. I haven't been to White Marsh Mall in 15 years, nor any other mall

I occasionally go to Bass Pro but I DO NOT step into the mall.

I have found in general that in the last 8 years or so, if I go to a brick and mortar store for a particular item....they don't have it. I'm even talking the littlest shit, like dental floss.

I shop 99% on line and I get EXACTLY what I want.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I am old enough to remember when that mall was built. Went there with the family in it's first year and haven't felt the need to return since.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was in the mall Sunday with my wife and son , carrying a hunk of iron in the .45 caliber variety . Don't ask don't tell , i don't give two "F's" what they say or what they write down .

I go to the malls because my son loves to walk around the malls and we pick up lunch or dinner . I do it for my son .

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    I dislike entering Malls immensely, if attached I use, Bass Pro, Costco (a little), periodically Dicks, Home Depot, REI, anything else I try to buy from small independently owned businesses, however more and more its online.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I recall seeing the no weapons sign on the mall doors one Saturday morning in January of 2014, when I got stuck alone in the mall concourse after people ran past me screaming that there was a guy around the corner with a shotgun. I've never hated Maryland's "may issue" more than I did at that moment.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    I dislike entering Malls immensely, if attached I use, Bass Pro, Costco (a little), periodically Dicks, Home Depot, REI, anything else I try to buy from small independently owned businesses, however more and more its online.

Not to say I don't go in, when the Commander and Chief puts her foot down. I'm not stupid...

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I was in the mall Sunday with my wife and son , carrying a hunk of iron in the .45 caliber variety . Don't ask don't tell , i don't give two "F's" what they say or what they write down .

I go to the malls because my son loves to walk around the malls and we pick up lunch or dinner . I do it for my son .

If you have a CCW permit here in MD, does the law require you to obey signs posted by businesses?

I always figured I would just do the same and just keep it concealed or have been looking at my phone and not seen the signs with 'too little' print size or whatever.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If you have a CCW permit here in MD, does the law require you to obey signs posted by businesses?

I always figured I would just do the same and just keep it concealed or have been looking at my phone and not seen the signs with 'too little' print size or whatever.

Last i know signs do not hold any legal bearing , someone else may have some certain facts to say otherwise .

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I think if mall security noticed you were armed they could ask you to leave and if you refused they could call the police on you for trespassing. If it's properly concealed nobody would ever know unless you were forced to use it. In that case, who cares about some stupid sign.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I have been to Columbia Mall less than a dozen times in 37 years.
    The first time the atmosphere appeared to be a place in which to drop off the kids for a few hours. I didn't enjoy groups of kids wandering around yelling and screaming just to get attention. Landover Mall was much worst when it came to personal security.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The proper response to a corespondence such as Yellowdog relates would be to the effect of " Thank you for sharing that with me . My patronage and $$ will be going elsewhere ."

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Does public egress include walking in a mall common area? If so, up there's. Don't think you can supersede state law if you have a permit to carry.

Keep that dog away from me I have a chronic allergy, not really but it would be fun to make a scene about it.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I have been to Columbia Mall less than a dozen times in 37 years.
    The first time the atmosphere appeared to be a place in which to drop off the kids for a few hours. I didn't enjoy groups of kids wandering around yelling and screaming just to get attention. Landover Mall was much worst when it came to personal security.

I was curious because I have never heard of that mall. I googled it. Turned out that mall was closed and demolished in 2006-2007. Prince George Mall is still open. I don't even go there at all. Driving by was all I did because I had to use East-West highway one time.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I have been to Mall of America in Minneapolis/St. Paul two times. It was good exercise walking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom