• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ikaros240

Aug 11, 2020
    Hey guys, just wondering where you guys go to for standard cap magazines. So far I got all mine when my brother came to visit from Florida, but thats not exactly a stable source of mags. I've been to the Cabela in Gainsville, terrible prices, and Vienna Arsenal, terrible experience and terrible prices.
    Is there a gun shop you guys recommend for decently priced mags or accept magazine transfers?

I’ve gotten a few from NOVA armory right over the line. There’s also a really cool military surplus store about five minutes from NOVA armory called Full Metal Jacket. They had aluminum surplus mags and some really cool gear like surplus plate carriers, slings, mags, some old BDUs, and memorabilia. The staff is really nice and very helpful. Good luck with your search.

Ikaros240

Aug 11, 2020
    I’ve gotten a few from NOVA armory right over the line. There’s also a really cool military surplus store about five minutes from NOVA armory called Full Metal Jacket. They had aluminum surplus mags and some really cool gear like surplus plate carriers, slings, mags, some old BDUs, and memorabilia. The staff is really nice and very helpful. Good luck with your search.

Thanks! Will do next time I drive by, how is NOVA armory on pricing? I have not been there yet

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Check VA Gun Trader for second hand mags. There are still some good deals on there.

Nation’s Gun Show usually has mag vendors with prices higher than online, but less than the stores.

Otherwise, make friends in VA who can order mags for you.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    A word of caution, it’s not legal to transfer larger capacity magazines “in” Maryland. So you met your brother in VA so he could follow you to your home? fred55

Last edited:

Ikaros240

Aug 11, 2020
    Check VA Gun Trader for second hand mags. There are still some good deals on there.

Nation’s Gun Show usually has mag vendors with prices higher than online, but less than the stores.

Otherwise, make friends in VA who can order mags for you.

I do have a few friends in both VA and delaware, but theyre pretty much all horribly anti gun, so no luck there

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Ive been to NOVA armory and Sterling Arsenal, both have mags for decent prices. Sterling had pmags and lancer mags. I did really well at the Chantilly show, one guy had Gen 3 Pmags, 5 for 65.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Full Metal Jacket is great, I enjoyed stopping and looking around even if I didn't have anything specific I was looking for. I usually left with something.

If you don't find anything at the places mentioned, there is also Sharpshooters, at the NE corner of 95 and Fairfax Co. Parkway. I used to work down the road from there. Haven't been there in years, but it was a decent range, small shop but lots of new and consignment firearms, a variety of magazines, and all the 1911 parts you would need in little bags hanging on hooks.

Sharpshooters Range
    8194 Terminal Rd, Lorton, VA 22079
    (703) 550-8005

https://goo.gl/maps/urmv9kACj3V4BeRHA

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Late last year I ordered some mags online from a store called Templar Rifle Company in Springfield and they let me pick them up in-store when they arrived. Took maybe a week. It looks like they've still got that same setup.

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Is this gonna be something that can come back and bite us if we put this info online?

I don't expect it would if you follow the law.

I think johnkn's point is that, if you placed your order and paid money while in Maryland, it could be argued that you just made a purchase in Maryland.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    So you actually were in Maryland when you purchased them?

:rolleyes:

I may have, uh, accidently left out the part about whether or not I or my electronic communications device was within the state at the time. Theoretically, if that were the case, I would be fairly comfortable knowing that even the cheap kind of attorney I'd be able to afford would point out that a purchase takes place at the location of the seller for legal & tax purposes. As the store has no presence within the State of MD, there was no purchase or transfer within a prohibited state. In theory, of course.

Or me and my .22lr TX-22 mag are going to be chosen to make a statement, and our current questionable court system will push my case all the way to SCOTUS. Who will then rule against me and somehow set nationwide precedent that standard-cap mag bans are valid and the entire 2A community will want me dead.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A word of caution, it’s not legal to transfer larger capacity magazines “in” Maryland. So you met your brother in VA so he could follow you to your home? fred55

See my sig....

I don't advocate breaking any Constitutional laws.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Full Metal Jacket is great, I enjoyed stopping and looking around even if I didn't have anything specific I was looking for. I usually left with something.

If you don't find anything at the places mentioned, there is also Sharpshooters, at the NE corner of 95 and Fairfax Co. Parkway. I used to work down the road from there. Haven't been there in years, but it was a decent range, small shop but lots of new and consignment firearms, a variety of magazines, and all the 1911 parts you would need in little bags hanging on hooks.

Sharpshooters Range
    8194 Terminal Rd, Lorton, VA 22079
    (703) 550-8005

https://goo.gl/maps/urmv9kACj3V4BeRHA

Formerly knowns as Gilberts. Bought my first 1911 there many, many decades ago.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Last I checked a few months back - nova armory was selling standard capacity OEM gen5 glock mags for $35-40. Not commenting on whether that is a good deal or the going rate...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom