• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    For any counting “CCI threads” hope this doesn’t make - an definitely does not “break” - your day but, this didn’t make sense to bury it in an existing thread ... it will be especially interesting if anyone else discovers something similar ... if so, please post it here ...

I’ve got a call into CCI but, none of this came to my attn til after hours so, I expect it’ll be Monday at the earliest before I get any type of explanation ....

Of the seven orders I’ve placed online with CCI over the last 30 days or so, some of the charges showing up on my AmEx credit card account by “Vista Outdoors” are significantly higher than the amount shown in my Order History on CCI’s website.

Example: An order placed by me the morning of May 1 appears on the CCI website as $383.87 and yet the charge against my AmEx appears as a April 30 purchase - for $437.37!!!!! :eek:

Heck, they’d already charged tax and, even if they got that wrong, it wouldn’t come to anywhere near $53.50 !!!!! (Unless they charged me for tax twice, which the math is indicating may be a very real possibility .... :mad54:)

Several other charges are “at odds” with one another in the same fashion and at this point I am really looking forward to hearing an explanation from CCI Customer Service ...

I don’t intend to activate the AmEx “hammer” until I hear CCI / Vista Outdoor’s explanation but, at this point, things are most definitely NOT adding up!

If anyone else has the ability to compare the amount charged to your credit card by Vista Outdoors TO THE TOTAL reflected on the CCI “Your Order History” and notices any discrepancies, well, you may want to take the time to do so ....

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    Just checked the orders I placed on the CCI website over the past month or so. All charges by CCI were on the mark for me. Good luck clearing up your issues.

With their janky website I would not be surprised something got mixed up. Is it possible they combined two orders into one?

Darnold86

Sep 13, 2020
    Yup, mine is off my 3 bucks on a 50 dollar charge. However mine is still pending, so it may change when they actually charge it, we shall see.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Yup, mine is off my 3 bucks on a 50 dollar charge. However mine is still pending, so it may change when they actually charge it, we shall see.

My order this morning tagged on an extra $3 too. No big deal if it shakes out after posting, was just annoying because I transferred what I thought was the total to my CashApp card and it got declined the first time.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Okay so, I’ve heard from several others I emailed this to off my personal distro list and I “thinnnnnnnnnk” one buddy may have figured out what “May” be happening: that is it appears - and so far the math in MY case (and HIS) supports - Vista is combining (aka “lumping” together) charges for orders from days that are close together.

After my buddy replied he caught similar discrepancies between his credit card stmt and the CCI “Order History” not matching up, date-for-date and charge-for-charge, I went back and checked and sure enough, my April 22 order (which appears on the CCI website for $54 + change) doesn’t appear on my AmEx card at all. In fact, I have no charges on my credit card for April 22. Here’s the rub: several days later, that charge for $437 and change shows up on my AmEx card - the same day my $383 + change order shows up on the CCI website ... !

Using all my fingers and toes, and with the dawg’s help ~$383 plus ~ $54 = ~ $437 !

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Oh, just got the confirmation email and it had this:

"Thank you for shopping with us. A pending charge has been authorized by the credit card issuer. Pending charge includes estimated order total plus $3.00. The final actual amount will be posted to your account when your order ships."

I don't recall it saying anything pre-purchase.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Yeah, I noticed that but, the $3 thing didn’t throw me off so much as the difference between $383 and $437 (!)

Some online vendors I buy from “adjust” or “correct” final charges for taxes etc and are good about keeping things accurate (I typically pay $40 - $50 to fill my truck with gas at SAM’s and yet SAMs gas always hovers on my AmEx stmt as $100 for several days (!) before the correct charge appears. Not sure why just sams that does that.

Hopefully, their “lumping” charges together is what I caught ; I certainly hope so.

I do intend to make it a point to thank CCI for making these direct to customer purchase available - when I bought my wife her new Ruger LCRx in 22WMR last month, I was forced to pay close to $50/box AFTER SHIPPING & TAXES, etc) for 7 different 22WMR loads (CCI, Hornady, etc. etc.) - that was close to $1 / shot for her to T&E each of the 7 loadings for accuracy, felt recoil, etc.

To be able to buy CCI 22WMR Maxi Mag for $17/box (Before Taxes) is MOST APPRECIATED!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Oh, just got the confirmation email and it had this:

"Thank you for shopping with us. A pending charge has been authorized by the credit card issuer. Pending charge includes estimated order total plus $3.00. The final actual amount will be posted to your account when your order ships."

I don't recall it saying anything pre-purchase.

They didn't say anything about it pre purchase. Caught me by surprise when I got the confirmation email.

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    I’ve placed two orders with them in the last month that had 6 suborders on each (due to quantity restrictions per order). Only weird thing I have noticed is if I check the My Orders section on their website only 1/6 of the suborders on each order shows as Processed. The others still show as new even though I received everything I ordered already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    (I typically pay $40 - $50 to fill my truck with gas at SAM’s and yet SAMs gas always hovers on my AmEx stmt as $100 for several days (!) before the correct charge appears. Not sure why just sams that does that.

Most gas stations do this.

When you stick the card in, it authorizes $100. Then lets you pump up to $100 worth of gas.

Some are better than others about processing the actual amount charged quickly.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Most gas stations do this.

When you stick the card in, it authorizes $100. Then lets you pump up to $100 worth of gas.

Some are better than others about processing the actual amount charged quickly.

This was a very hard lesson to learn in my younger years when I thought I could get away with just calling for my balance every few days and not bother keeping a transaction register. Do I keep one now? Nah, I married a banker instead.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This was a very hard lesson to learn in my younger years when I thought I could get away with just calling for my balance every few days and not bother keeping a transaction register. Do I keep one now? Nah, I married a banker instead.

That is an interesting way to do it. :D

I use Quicken. They have a smart phone app. I can enter each purchase keep track of things.

I find between not doing it immediately and forgetting or it not actually get saved, i capture about 85-90% of charges.

jmb122mp

Nov 2, 2016
    I guess it depends on how your individual CC company processes payments. I've ordered twice from CCI recently... the orders are far enough apart that there wasn't overlap. The orders were both around $100. The initial pending charge showed up from "FEDERAL/CCI/SPEER/RCBS ANOKA US" with amount as my order total plus $3. With 15-20 day delay until shipping this pending charge eventually timed out and goes away. Right before my order shipped, I received a $3 pending credit that eventually goes away followed by the final charge from "VISTA OUTDOOR SALES" for the exact amount of my order.

In the end, I was charged correctly from VISTA OUTDOOR SALES but it did take a strange path to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom